What you'll do…
H&R Block is looking for ambitious college graduates who value learning, solving problems, and starting their career journey together.
We're investing in unique opportunities like our new Associate Software Engineering Program, which is designed to land top talent and help them take off in the Computer Engineering space.
- Under the guidance of a senior, lead or principal software engineer, designs, develops and maintains software components and products that support H&R Block business applications.
- Uses tools, languages, coding standards and best practices to develop new product features and maintain year over year product functionality and enhancements. Creates and executes unit tests and addresses defects. Works closely with the QA, User Experience and other teams to ensure consistent understanding of requirements and approach.
- Designs, develops and maintains software components.
- Creates and maintains documentation of design approaches.
- Creates and maintains documentation on internal architecture of the system under the guidance of senior or lead software engineer.
- Participates in technical design and code reviews for all new enhancements and maintenance work delivered.
- Under the guidance of the lead engineer or senior software engineer, understand business and functional requirements and produces technical specifications and product requirements.
- Creates, maintains and executes unit test and alpha test plans.
- Maintains current knowledge on the latest technologies relevant to the role regarding algorithms, language, design methodology, third party development tools, application platforms, hardware compatibility and operating systems.
What you'll bring to the team…
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and related work experience.
- 0 years Minimum related work experience
- Knowledge of software development concepts and practices
- Knowledge of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated effective time management, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to develop creative solutions in assigned projects
- Ability to work in a team environment with limited supervision
About H&R Block…
H&R Block's purpose is simple: To provide help and inspire confidence in our clients and communities everywhere. We've been true to that purpose since brothers Henry and Richard Bloch founded our company in 1955. Since then, we've grown to have approximately 12,000 offices throughout the United States and around the world.
We are a people company first and a tax company second. People who join H&R Block say it feels like being part of something bigger. A place with an amazing and storied history, but with a strong and urgent focus on the future. Maybe it's how determined, forward thinking and innovative we are, or how accessible our leadership is. We believe it's all those things, and much more.
H&R Block is committed to diversity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class. All qualified applicants are welcomed and encouraged to apply.