Location Address: Hyderabad, Telangana 610011 India (IN)
Careers with CDK Global – where to next?
So who are we and what do we do?
CDK Global is the largest global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to automotive dealerships and manufacturers in more than 100 countries worldwide for the world’s biggest car brands. Although we operate on a global scale, we are small by comparison and that is a good thing. It means that we are still a business where every person matters and where anyone can make an impact on our growth and success. We have opportunities in a wide range of business areas so wherever in the world you join us, you will get the support, training and tools you need to make significant steps forward in your career.
The data architect is a hands-on data architect position which will play a key role in defining how configuration master data is organized, modeled and governed across the ecosystem end-to-end. The right candidate will create a flexible, hierarchical storage service whicl will be used to store all configuration data for all CDK apps.
- Understand strategic direction in order develop a logical data model for all services and applications in the ecosystem, including influencing event stream & API design
- Create a fluid, end-to-end vision for how data will flow through our ecosystem to enable seamless, near real-time workflow integration, as well as support "big data" initiatives
- Create and maintain the enterprise master configuration data dictionary
- Become an expert in the domains covered by our existing applications, and within our industry
- Be closely involved in systems design supporting as a data architecture design authority to make sure that all data models being implemented at the systems level are fit for purpose, complete and meet current and future needs
- Design of infrastructure & technology for data platform, including owning technology selection
- Be hands-on, especially with the initial implementation work
- Develop roadmaps for data design aligned with existing development programs
- Assist in establishing and embedding data management and governance processes
Collaboration & Communication
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, equally comfortable engaging with and presenting to senior stakeholders, including C-level, as well as alongside software engineers
- Work closely with architects from across the organization to ensure alignment with the broader technical strategy
- Work closely with other platform and product teams/project management/release management that may be dependent on/impacted by changes in the platform scope or technical implementation
- Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of relevant experience
- A strong background in data architecture, data modeling and data definition and currently be working in a similar role, in a forward thinking and fast paced business
- Extensive experience of delivering flexible, reliable, supportable logical and physical data models across a broad ecosystem
- A good understanding of industry standards and best practice techniques to build and maintain data models, along with knowing the advantages and disadvantages of enterprise data models
- Excellent at working with complex data structures and data models to provide recommendations on business focused data architecture
- Experience with event design, event streaming & event driven architectures
- Experience with Data Mining, Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics
- Experience of API design to both internal & external parties
- Establishing and embedding data management and governance processes
- Experienced working in a distributed environment
- Able to work in fast-paced agile led environments
Who do we look for? We look for people with the right cultural fit. That means being passionate and enthusiastic and having what it takes to drive our business forward. We also look for people who are keen to develop new knowledge and skills, because our growth is ultimately dependent on yours. What can we offer you? To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not tenure. Excel in your role here and the rewards will be excellent too. We will also help you to grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the opportunities our global market has to offer. Start your Journey with CDK Global.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.