About this role
BlackRock’s iShares is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider globally with over $2.5 trillion in assets under management. With a long history of ETF innovation and expertise, iShares is a trusted leader in the ETF industry. iShares serves investors of all sizes, including advisors, personal investors, wealth managers, banks, asset managers, pensions, and insurers. We offer clients a comprehensive range of products that provide precise, transparent and cost-efficient access to a full range of asset classes and global markets.
Our success is driven by four self-reinforcing competitive advantages: global brand; two global product lines that offer clients breadth, quality and liquidity; global footprint of people and connectivity across BlackRock; and global operating scale.
Your role and impact
We are seeking to hire a Fixed Income ETF Product Architect. This product development and management role is part of the U.S. ETF Product Engineering (“PrE”) team which is responsible for designing and launching new ETFs and for enhancing existing ETFs to ensure they meet iShares’ high standards for performance and quality.
This role is focused on the design, delivery, and ongoing quality management of U.S.-listed fixed income ETFs and includes regular communication with senior EII management as well as the development of presentation content supporting board proposals to launch new, and enhance existing, fixed income products.
The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of fixed income securities, markets, investment products, and portfolio construction. The successful candidate can lead cross-functional teams and initiatives across Portfolio Management, Global Markets, Risk & Quantitative Analysis, Product Strategy, Fund Administrators, Legal and Compliance as well as with external collaborators such as Custodians and Index Providers.
The role is based in San Francisco.
- Design, launch, and enhance U.S.-listed fixed income ETFs.
- Build and manage relationships with colleagues across the global iShares and Product organizations to foster collaboration and draw competitive advantages from the iShares global footprint.
- Lead cross-functional teams from Portfolio Management, Global Markets, Risk and Quantitative Analysis (RQA), Legal, Compliance, Tax, and Fund Administration teams as well as external parties such as custodians, index providers, broker dealers, and clients.
- Develop and apply knowledge of U.S. and international legal, regulatory, and capital markets requirements and procedures related to exchange traded funds.
- Identify and drive effective decision-making related to product, investment process, and operating model design tradeoffs.
- 4-6 years of experience in financial services with experience in fixed income markets, product development, portfolio management, risk management, and/or product strategy
- BA/BS in finance, economics or other related field; MBA, MFE and/or CFA credential a plus
- Experience in fixed income ETF product development, product structuring, product origination or financial product management is highly desired
- An understanding of fixed income securities, portfolio construction, and trading
- Experience in leading teams and projects throughout the stages of the development lifecycle, and ability to understand and manage dependencies appropriately
- Strong business judgment and decision-making with a fiduciary and problem-solving mentality
- High intellectual curiosity with strong interest and ability to learn and apply
- Strong leader and teammate with high integrity and emotional intelligence
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and also any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.