Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph
Public Trust/Other Required:
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on an Associate Linux Cloud Developer (DevOps) joining our team to support our Intelligence customer in Springfield, VA or Arnold, MO.
Designs architects deploys and maintains cloud solutions.
This position supports the program's Open Data Store (ODS) team to provide quality cost effective solutions to the client. As part of the ODS Team, various expertise is needed to support a sophisticated enterprise environment both on premise as well as in the cloud.
The Engineer will actively participate with Scrum development teams and meetings. Additionally, the Engineer will be responsible for working with highly functional development teams to help developing and automating service deployments, optimizing deployments and performance, integration with enterprise authentication services, and establishing/improving system monitoring while maintaining established security protocols within development, test, and production systems. Other responsibilities will include working with the team to define task breakdowns and effort estimates; as well as preparing design and test documents.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Architect, build and maintain on premise and/or cloud infrastructure to support team and customer initiatives
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out autoscaling, support new services, optimize for cost efficiencies/authentication/search, etc)
- Administer production, staging and development environments
- Manage and aggregate server logs and monitor for security and system related incidents
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and resource usage
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes using CI/CD tools
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain software revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability, and drive security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability testing
- Work with A&A Teams to maintain security requirements for operation of systems
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative maintenance
- Maintain up to date documentation of designs/configurations
- Work with other service providers to support areas of common interest
- On-call support may be required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Programming, Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- Min 2 – 5 years of related technical experience.
- Experience working within Linux distributions such as RedHat, Ubuntu, CentOS
- Strong Understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
- Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps/Continuous Integration tools
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (i.e. SALT, Chef, etc)
- Experience with public clouds such as AWS, Google, Azure
- Experience with Python framework and Shell scripting
- Knowledge of network technologies, common infrastructure components, load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical infrastructure design
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Experience building Amazon EC2 instances and S3 buckets for development, test, and production environments
- Experience working with API Management tools (APIGEE, Kong, etc)
- Experience working closely with software development teams
- Understanding of access management and security groups (i.e. IAM, S3 bucket, Cloud Trail, SSH, VPN, etc.)
- Ability to write and use unit and functional testing
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA VA Springfield
Additional Work Locations:
USA MO Arnold
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.