Build IT that develops financial futures
At Vanguard, technology is integral to helping our clients reach their personal goals. We depend on IT 24/7 to run our investors’ assets.
That puts your expertise in Automation at the heart of our business. As an Automation/Orchestration Engineer you will provide Senior Level system Analysis, Design, development, and implementation of Automation/Orchestration throughout our Workplace Service Platforms.
In this role, you will:
- Provide expert level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases for client/server-, Web-, and/or PC-based software or middleware. Integrates third party products.
- Translates technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Develop code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Write programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employ contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
- Elevate code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provides follow up Production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
- Operate as the SRE in software development methodology and architecture standards within a Tech-OPS. Train and mentors staff with less experience. Resolve issues elevated from staff with less experience. Recommend enterprise-wide improvements.
- Participate in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues and explain technical considerations at cross functionally.
- Perform systems analysis, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
- Write the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables. Assists technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
- Thoroughly understand client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad and deep understanding of Vanguard’s technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems. Is well versed on the latest technologies and tools supporting software development in the industry.
- Is highly functional on large, matrixed project teams. Interfaces with cross functional team members, including database administrator, IT security, project manager, technical writer, and clients. Communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
- Thoroughly understand and comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Thoroughly understands and complies with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Need to understand version control, design patterns and data structures.
Improve performance through high-performing networks
You’re passionate about the potential to transform the business through networking technology but, more than that, you understand how to use it to deliver real benefits to our clients. You’re committed to getting the most from our resources and ensuring they operate at peak performance. The same goes for your own career: you’re keen to build on your analytical and problem-solving skills, improve your technical knowhow and develop to your full potential. Together we’ll own the way in a fast-growing industry.
What it takes
Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
Eight years developer or systems analyst experience.
Scripting knowledge is a must.
Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Excellent analysis and problem solving skills.
Strong planning and organizational skills.
Familiarity with administration one of more infrastructure platforms preferred (e.g. Linux, Windows, routers, etc.)
Knowledge of one or more of the following languages: Python, PowerShell, .ksh/bash, Go, Power BI
Strong ability to build & consume REST APIs
Knowledge in the following would also be valuable:
- Development practices
- Infrastructure experience
- System administration knowledge
Advanced knowledge of the following development practices and concepts:
– Production acceptance, including elevations and change management.
– Interfaces, feeds, and event schedules.
– Quality assurance methodology and Inspections.
– Use case standards.
– Systems analysis and design techniques.
– System/subsystem requirements.
– Libraries, reusable code, and/or object oriented standards.
– Screen, report, and query design.
Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.