Roadster is looking for a back-end web developer to join our Engineering team. The ideal candidate will have solid skills in server-side programming (object model and schema design, building browser-facing APIs, relational DBs, integrating with REST/SOAP APIs, processing data feeds, etc). If you also have exposure to building web user interfaces (more "full stack"), you'll have the opportunity to use those skills as well.
Our current stack includes Rails, Postgres, Redis, Elastic, Vue and Cloudflare, currently deployed via Heroku, running in multiple locales in multiple data centers. We run a CI pipeline and ship code multiple times per day.
As part of a small, dynamic team, you'll be able to have a direct impact on our business, work in many areas of our system, be exposed to new technologies, and ultimately develop and grow professionally. Our founding team has deep technical and product experience, enjoys mentoring, and seeks to build an environment where you can continue to develop and grow professionally
- Building a variety of application features across different product areas, including integrations with new remote services, modeling new problem domains or building out application logic.
- Performance measurement and optimization at the Postgres, Elasticsearch or application level.
- Participating in our evaluation of new technologies as we scale our platform.
- 3 or more years of software engineering experience, building web application products.
- BS in Computer Science degree (or relevant degree).
- Solid understanding of relational DBs and SQL
- Strong communications skills, with an interest in collaborating with cross-functional team members.
Nice to have
- Experience with Rails, Postgres, Heroku or Elastic.
- Experience building back-end integrations (ingesting data of various formats, working with REST or SOAP APIs, projecting internal APIs to clients for accessing those data/services).
- Knowledge of job queue or message bus technologies. Experience with concurrent programming tools and techniques.
- Experience building data pipelines for analytics or other purposes.
- Experience with scalability concerns, for data storage or request processing.
At CDK, we believe inclusion and diversity are essential in inspiring meaningful connections to our people, customers and communities. We are open, curious and encourage different views, so that everyone can be their best selves and make an impact.
CDK is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating an inclusive workforce where everyone is valued. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, creed or religion, age, disability (including pregnancy), results of genetic testing, service in the military, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
Applicants for employment in the US must be authorized to work in the US. CDK may offer employer visa sponsorship to applicants.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.