Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
CGI has an immediate need for a Backend Java Developer to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Join a fast paced agile team developing Microservices built on Spring Boot and Restful API!
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Join a fast paced agile team developing Microservices built on Spring Boot and Restful API
* Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
* Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
* Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
* Participate in all agile ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
* Leverage client DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy in cloud platform, test and promote new or updated features.
* Advanced proficiency in unit testing/Mockito as well as coding in Java 8 and Spring Boot technologies
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
* 6+ years of development experience in Java/J2EE technologies
* 2+ years of development experience with Java 8, Spring boot, Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Security and REST Web Services is a must.
* Competent in distributed systems design and implementation. Experience with Object-Oriented Design and test-driven development.
* Experience in testing automation using Junit/Mockito, Cucumber
* Hands-On experience with database development using SQL
* Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment
* Experience with build tools like Maven/Gradle
* Experience working in Agile environment, preferably SAFe
* Good communication skills
Nice to Have:
* Development experience with Spring Data, Spring Integration and JPA/Hibernate
* Experience on AWS platform like S3, EBS, EC2, Lambda, Cloudwatch, RDS (Postgres).
* Scripting experience using bash, shell or python
* Experience in Angular JS or React JS is a big plus
* Java Enterprise Editions JEE
* Object Oriented Analyss&Design
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.