What does a Backup & Storage Engineer do?
The objective of the Backup & Storage Engineer is to ensure that backups are completed successfully for our clients and restores are performed as in when needed. Provide the Infrastructure support from the SAN/NAS perspective in order to keep the productivity and business moving without downtime or failure.
As a Backup & Storage Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Responsible for end-to-end delivery of Storage and Backup solutions to all customers.
- Work with other Infrastructure Services teams to deliver an infrastructure solutions that are technically sound, resilient to failure, operationally supportable, and meets the requirements of the business.
- Backup Engineers will manage the daily, weekly and monthly backup of data on servers across various platforms like Windows, Linux, UNIX, AIX, SUN, HP UX and ESX residing at various data centers across US via Commvault Simpana and Avamar backup tool.
- Team will be responsible for troubleshooting backup job failures, physical & virtual tape library, data domain errors and restore the backup as an when requested.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- High school diploma with relevant experience
- 2+ years of relevant experience in Backup and Storage technologies and concepts
- Knowledge on EMC Data Domain, CIFS & NFS shares, replication, VTL , direct-attached, and SAN-attached libraries
- Hands-on expertise on Commvault Galaxy/ Simpana, EMC Avamar
- Configuring Storage Policies, Subclient Policies, Schedule Policies, Vault Tracker policies, Data Interface Pairs, Index Cache
- Sound knowledge of GridStor, and LAN free backups
- Detail oriented approach towards troubleshooting different types of backup and restore jobs for diverse iData Agents
- Troubleshooting backups and restores for Windows/ Unix/ Linux servers, VMWare, NDMP, Exchange, Oracle/ SQL databases & clusters
- Understanding of concepts like Deduplication, Encryption, Compression, Replication, Global Filters, Operations Window, Restore by Jobs
- Willing to work Sundays through Wednesdays / Wednesdays through Saturdays and one day a weekend when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability options.
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.