BIOS SOFTWARE ENGINEER
Title: Bios Software Engineer
Primarily responsible for AMI BIOS and firmware research, design and development for GMS East products running Windows* and Linux* OSs.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and analyze BIOS software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints as directed
- Study computer motherboard and AMI BIOS system specifications and configuration requirements to plan and develop reliability and compatibility
- Consult and coordinate with other engineering staff to evaluate the design specification and functions
- Consult with hardware engineers and other engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system
- UEFI and legacy AMI BIOS development
- Develop and debug BIOS applying knowledge of computer architecture and system design
- Perform UEFI and legacy BIOS porting
- Test of function and reliability and ensure product quality
- Develop software test procedures, programming, and documentation as directed
- Develop and coordinate software installation procedures with Production
- Provide engineering support to both internal and external customer BIOS issues
- Control of project schedule from design phase to production
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering with 5-10 years of AMI Aptio 4/5 BIOS active development and testing experience
- minimum 3 years experience with processor and PC system Level architectures
- minimum 2 years experience with hardware skills: PC platform, BIOS, and Drivers
- Good communication and business relation skills
- Experience writing drivers for one or more of the following operating systems: Windows, Linux (VxWorks and QNX would be nice to have)
- Must be proficient in the following languages: C/C++, DOS, LINUX shell scripts, Windows Power Shell
- Must be able to understand product datasheets and schematics
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be detail oriented and be able to balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
Must possess the ability to successfully plan, prioritize and organize work activities and adhere to strict deadlines follow instructions, procedures, and policies; identify and solve problems
Must be conscientious about assignments and complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
Require minimal supervision to successfully complete tasks and assignments
Must demonstrate initiative and ownership of assignments/projects
Must report to work at scheduled time and maintain satisfactory attendance with limited unscheduled absences
Must exhibit a professional appearance and behavior and maintain satisfactory performance consistent with expectations of the position and GMS policies
Requires excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing with executives, colleagues and individuals, internal or external
Must possess strong interpersonal skills, able to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
Must remain poised, professional and diplomatic under pressure
Strong computer skills with a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
Must possess the ability and desire to encourage and facilitate a positive and productive work environment for all employees
Must be able to work the standard 8AM-5PM, Monday Friday schedule and overtime as required
Limited travel required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to: sit, talk, hear, stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, reach above shoulder level, and lift up to 30 lbs. with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle, feel or type and utilize a telephone, copier, printer, computer, calculator, mouse, keyboard and monitor to perform daily duties. The employee regularly engages in personal interaction with company personnel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and utilize a computer monitor under florescent lighting and/or daylight where applicable.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee will be required to conduct work in the engineering lab
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
While performing duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk up and down one flight of stairs and approximately 1 block from building to building
Must be a US Citizen, Permanent US Resident, or currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis without current or future employment sponsorship. (In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire)
General Micro Systems East, Inc (GMSe) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: GMSe is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GMSe are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GMSe will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GMSe encourages applicants of all ages.
Since its inception in 1979, General Micro Systems East (GMSe) has been true to its mission statement: To Become the Worlds Leading Technology Independent Supplier of Computing Engines, while Providing the Best Price/Performance, Quality and Customer Support, Demanded by Our Current and Our Future Customers. All GMSe products are proudly designed and manufactured in the U.S.A.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.