Schneider Electric has an opportunity for a Building Automation Software Engineer
Our Engineering Controls Software team focuses on software and controls programming for buildings: everything from AHU, VAV, Chillers, Water Plants, and data center applications. We bring our expertise to customers in high-rise buildings, university campuses, and hospitals all over the Chicago area.
- Controls programming for BAS systems (Function Block/Script, Graphics (UI))
- Creates intuitive graphical user interfaces for BAS systems.
- Visits job sites for checkout, commissioning, and systems programming.
- Follows established standards and procedures for software development, communication, and documentation.
- Interprets each project’s sequence of operations as provided, developed in writing by Project Engineering (or Account Executive) and creates controller code to implement the sequence.
- Works with members of the project team and associated contractor personnel to ensure the success of the system commissioning process.
- Provides training, as requested, either on customer site or from our office
- Manage communications with customers, subcontractors, field engineers, and provide guidance and updates to project managers
- A bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or another technical field – or you have related work experience and expertise
- Building Automation experience a must (Schneider Electric EcoStruxure experience is a plus) (although any strong BAS system experience is great!)
- Tridium N4/Niagara Certification & Experience
- BACnet IP, MSTP
- Strong Knowledge of HVAC mechanical systems
- Programming, software design, documentation, debugging, and problem solving
- This is a client-facing position, so excellent communications skills are essential.
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers.
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.