I. General Summary
Under minimal supervision, works with internal and external customers to understand and analyze requirements and develop business intelligence (BI) solutions using underlying technologies. Contributes to the design, development, testing, documentation, and maintenance of reporting and analytic solutions. Supports key strategic organizational priorities, including population health management, clinical performance, and quality/operational performance.
II. Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Serves as a member of cross-functional teams to achieve goals of BI and IT projects, including work plans, system design, and testing of solutions.
2. Develops data flow diagramming for BI reports and projects.
3. Identifies project risks and impediments; proactively works with other members of the team to complete assigned tasks as defined by project scope, timelines, and budgets.
4. Develops dynamic data discovery and visualization analytics environments.
5. Performs troubleshooting of implementation issues; tests security of roll-outs.
6. Supports technical development of BI reports, applications, and other tools.
7. Reads and interprets conceptual, logical, and physical models to include context, data flow, process flow, logical diagrams, and data dictionaries. Reads and interprets design documents.
8. Performs medium to complex data queries and mapping. Understands data modeling concepts (e.g., the entity-relation model) and their applications: entities and tables, relations and constraints, attribute datatypes, and column data types.
9. Writes, validates, and executes test plans for solutions, applications, and/or operating systems. Ensures a high level of availability for all critical reports and applications.
10. Assists in updates and upgrades of BI software. Assists project sponsors in the interpretation and use of the results; ensures that the data is understood by users.
11. Prepares supporting documentation, reports, and presentation materials.
12. Coordinates prototype review, integration, system, and user acceptance testing (UAT).
13. Creates ad-hoc queries and reports as requested and provides ongoing analytical support for these requests.
14. Develops healthcare subject matter expertise related to specific products, data elements, business processes, data marts, and BI applications.
15. Demonstrates basic understanding of the strategic alignment of IT solutions with business objectives.
16. Estimates software development efforts based on high level specification and/or logical system design. Provides technical expertise as required. Responsible for issue reporting, tracking, analysis, and follow-up.
17. Validates development of prototypical systems or system components to demonstrate technical feasibility. Prototype construction may include the utilization of hardware and software development tools and techniques.
18. Develops medium to complex software in a variety of environments and platforms to address stated system goals and needs. Resultant software should confirm to accepted standards for robustness, re-usability, modularity, efficiency, etc. Software development efforts should result in defect-free applications.
19. Provides application support and guidance to end-users and provides technical guidance to less experienced personnel. Serves as a point of contact for resolution of complex application problems.
20. Conducts and/or participates in in-service and various educational programs for professional development. Orients, mentors, and transfers knowledge to peers.
III. Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's Degree in mathematics, computer science, physics, information systems, actuarial science or related computational field. Master’s Degree preferred.
2. At least two years of business intelligence and analytics experience, including data discovery/visualization applications, hardware/software configuration, databases, and data access/programming tools.
3. At least two years of hands-on experience with business intelligence and statistical programming/analysis tools (e.g., Business Objects, Tableau, Olik, R, or similar applications). SAP experience preferred as well as proficiency in one computer programming language (e.g., C, C++, Java, Perl, etc.)
4. Knowledgeable about database design, problem analysis, and relational database concepts.
6. Familiarity with HL7 interfaces and ETL processes desired.
7. Prior experience in healthcare and with clinical claims data preferred.
8. Prior experience with one or more of the following transaction systems (Epic, McKesson, Lawson) preferred.
IV. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Highly analytical and motivated with demonstrated creativity and organizational skills. Ability to work independently.
2. Demonstrates ability to develop technical specifications, assess multiple platforms and levels of complexity, including back-up and recovery controls for all aspects of applications.
3. Able to assess user needs and determine appropriate system applications or requirements. Serves as a resource to others in the resolution of complex problems and issues.
4. Skilled in common data manipulation tasks such as reading CSV files, filtering contents, and producing output files in different formats.
5. Creates automation tasks to run and distribute data exports/reports on set schedules to hospital end-users.
6. Possesses knowledge of user relations, data gathering techniques, and management information systems.
7. Understands and adheres to system security and control procedures in accordance with departmental and vendor standards as well as regulatory bodies. Supervises, teaches, and monitors compliance.
8. Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities. Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
9. Exhibits impeccable customer service skills; manages difficult situations and responds promptly to customer needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
10. Displays superior oral and written communication abilities. Reads and interprets written information, listens and receives clarification, and demonstrates group presentation skills.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.