First Horizon Corp. (NYSE: FHN), with approximately $90 billion in assets, is a leading regional financial services company, dedicated to helping our clients, communities and associates unlock their full potential with capital and counsel. Headquartered in Memphis, TN, the banking subsidiary First Horizon Bank operates in 12 states across the southern U.S. The Company and its subsidiaries offer commercial, private banking, consumer, small business, wealth and trust management, retail brokerage, capital markets, fixed income, mortgage, and title insurance services. First Horizon has been recognized as one of the nation's best employers by Fortune and Forbes magazines and a Top 10 Most Reputable U.S. Bank.
The Business Systems Analyst is responsible for owning the elicitation, analysis, documentation, and validation of system behavior. The analyst will work closely with the Line of Business Analysts, as well as the engineering team, in all project efforts, coordinating with other areas of the bank that connect to the Retail and Small Business Digital Banking platform. We are looking for a candidate who has worked in a high pace application development environment.
- Perform analysis of business issues, provide recommendations for possible solutions, work with Business users and IT project teams to drive decision making and define requirements for application development, ensuring that business needs and IT controls are being met.
- Complete Use Cases and User Stories to guide application development efforts, working closely with the development teams and business teams to ensure successful implementation.
- Analyze opportunities to improve application reliability, provide recommendations for possible solutions, and work with IT and Business partners to implement solutions that enhance application and infrastructure reliability.
- Manage the daily rhythm of discussions that clarify and resolve project and production issues during design, development, testing, deployment, and ongoing production.
- Work with QA and business partners to create test documents that provide appropriate coverage to ensure quality products are delivered
- Support testing of enhancements and patches
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis of product and/or software development.
- 3+ years of experience doing data analysis with SQL based databases, such as MySQL, Oracle, and DB2
- Familiarity with Financial Systems, Online Banking, and web applications
- Strong understand of software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies, including agile and waterfall.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into clear and concise technical specifications.
- Experience in eliciting and documenting requirements using various techniques such as interviews, workshops, and use case analysis.
- Exceptional problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills.
• Medical with wellness incentives, dental, and vision
• HSA with company match
• Maternity and parental leave
• Tuition reimbursement
• Mentor program
• 401(k) with 6% match
• More — FirstHorizon.com/First-Horizon-National-Corporation/Careers/Our-Benefits
Facebook — facebook.com/FirstHorizonBank
Twitter — twitter.com/FirstHorizonBnk
LinkedIn — linkedin.com/company/first-horizon-bank
Instagram — instagram.com/first_horizon
YouTube — youtube.com/channel/UCEVs5OMj-b0H9Dr5Q209_-Q
Corporate Diversity Commitment:
We remain committed to creating a more equitable society, and that starts with our associates, our clients, and the communities we serve. We do this by elevating equity, providing capital and counsel, and committing to excellence in everything we do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)