The Friedkin Group's (TFG) Chief Architect (CA) is responsible for establishing and leading an enterprise wide architecture program across a federation of companies within TFG, helping business leaders enable their future-state business capabilities that, in turn, drive the organization's targeted business outcomes through the choice of programs, projects and initiatives the organization chooses to invest in.
The CA must design a program that is effective across companies that operate somewhat autonomously while being connected by a common core. Must be capable of practically applying existing, new and emerging technologies to new and evolving business and operating models. Deliver signature-ready, actionable recommendations to business leaders, so they can adjust policies and projects to achieve target business outcomes.
The chief enterprise architect is accountable for leading, managing and balancing a bimodal architecture program — tactical, to run, grow and transform the business, and strategic, which designs and enables future-state business capabilities with a focus on technology disruption, speed, agility, and flexibility.
The CA is a practical role and not a TOGAF/Zackman or other theory based role. The CA must be solution-oriented and business minded with significant practical experience in building, delivering & support IT systems in the evolution to being an architect. The ideal candidate will be very strong in either infrastructure or applications, while having sufficient experience in the other.
The ideal candidate is a thought leader, a builder of consensus and of bridges between business and technology while maintaining objectivity and a strong understanding that architecture is foundational for the organization to deliver on its business goals and objectives.
The chief architect will demonstrate competencies across six key dimensions.
Lead and Influence
* Lead the creation and evolution of the enterprise-wide architecture program
* Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business strategy and requirements
Focus on Strategy and Execution
* Demonstrate the business value of architecture as an enabler of strategy formulation, and as support for technology innovation, which drives the organization's top and bottom lines.
* Formulate, translate, advocate, support and execute business strategy to achieve the organization's targeted business outcomes.
Research and Understand Technology and Nontechnology Trends
* Scan the world for major disruptive technology and nontechnology trends (trendspotting) that affect business. Provide practical advice and best practices to overcome these challenges and successfully deliver the expected business outcomes.
* Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine their potential impact on the enterprise's business strategy, direction and architecture.
* Define architecture blue books and technology roadmaps
Enable Enterprise Ideation and Innovation
* Track and apply innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential, and use rapid prototyping approaches to evolve innovations.
* Run technology experiments, helping to create new products and services and integrating the best of theses into steady-state operations for the organization.
Determine and Help Orchestrate the Delivery of Business Outcomes
* Guide and advice stakeholders about disruptive technologies and trends.
* Ensure technology roadmaps across applications, infrastructure, middleware and other aspects of technology are evolving in sync with each other
* Work with business peers to develop and present business capability models and roadmaps to facilitate discussion and decision making with stakeholders across the enterprise.
* Lead analysis of the business' future-state capabilities and future (and current) IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement and driving the business forward.
* Lead analysis of the IT environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
* Present a gap analysis and/or IT investment roadmap that reflects the status of the existing IT estate, namely, its ability to contribute to future-state business capabilities around ecosystems and digital platforms.
* Lead the development of an implementation plan for the enterprise architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies.
* Lead and facilitate the creation of governance, assurance and standards to guide EA decision making.
* Oversee the evaluation and selection of architecture standards, as necessary.
* Consult with infrastructure, project and product teams to ensure consistency with the enterprise architecture, as well as to identify when it is necessary to modify the enterprise architecture.
This position has responsibility of direct supervision and influence within business units.
* Master's or Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
* Ten or more years of experience in at least three disciplines, such as business, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, infrastructure, in a multi-tier environment
* Seven or more years of business experience in strategic and operations planning and/or business analysis
* Experienced with information management practices, system development life cycle management, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, and EA and ITIL frameworks
* Knowledge of business ecosystems, SaaS, infrastructure as a service (IaaS), platform as a service (PaaS), SOA, APIs, open data, microservices, event-driven IT and predictive analytics
* Exposure and understanding of existing, new and emerging technologies, and processing environments
* Exceptional soft and interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
* Strong leadership skills
* Excellent analytical and technical skills
* Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills
* Excellent planning and organizational skills
* Knowledge of all components of holistic enterprise architecture
* Knowledge of business engineering principles and processes
* Familiarity with basic graphical modeling approaches, tools and model repositories
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
*Legally authorized to work in the United States, without sponsorship.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.