The CI/CD Software Developer II, under the leadership of Director, Dev Ops, will support the vision of GSM to provide industry leading, data-driven automotive marketing solutions. The CI/CD Software Developer II, will apply knowledge of software design principles, systems programming, algorithms, data structures, and multiple programming languages in an environment where software development and IT operations come together as a single, cohesive team. The CI/CD Software Developer II will scope and frame problems using intuition, common sense, relevant data, and strong academic knowledge of computer science (algorithms, data structures, etc.). Further, the CI/CD Software Developer II will have responsibility for full software development lifecycle in 1-2 commercial or open source platforms.
* Setup, build, maintain, and improve the continuous build, integration, delivery, and deployment infrastructure
* Facilitate and automate build management and publication process for product releases
* Develop policies, procedures, standards, guidelines, and training for developers and operations staff
* Manage distributed version control, parallel development, branching and merging of the source code repositories
* Support automation of continuous integration testing
* Provide solutions to technical issues
* Promptly escalate issues which affect product delivery and quality
* Manage and implement the full software development lifecycle for features on our Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform, including: analyzing, developing, testing, and implementing critical software components and services for our highly novel and proprietary software
* Provide last-tier technical support for customer-facing issues
* Analyze product requirements, design and implement solutions to meet them
* Review and resolve product defects
* Provide accurate and detailed weekly task reports
* Maintain, troubleshoot, and enhance existing product modules and services
* Build our platforms, systems and big data infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems and large-scale storage systems
* Responsibly receive, transmit and handle consumer and customer data per GSM's data handling agreements, work procedures and policies
* Review and follow data privacy practices, policies and guidelines, including annual certification and acknowledgement of privacy practices
* Other duties as assigned
B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field, with academic knowledge of computer science (algorithms, data structures etc.) with 3 to 4 years of software development experience, or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Experience with CI/CD tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, make, CodePipeline, CircleCI, CodeDeploy, Octopus Deploy, SoapUI
* Experience with AWS services such as CloudFormation, CloudWatch, EC2, ECS, ELB, RDS, ElasticSearch, SQS/RabbitMQ, S3, CloudWatch, IAM, EMR/Hadoop
* Experience with common development tools such as Bitbucket, git, Jira, Confluence, Slack, Datadog
* Experience implementing continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines from scratch
* Experience deploying production software and infrastructure with concepts like blue-green deployments, canary releases, A/B testing releases, feature flags
* Experience managing automated testing in the pipeline
* Experience building software in a modern, microservices-based cloud environment, including AWS managed platform services, containerized servers, and serverless code
* Experience building and maintaining cloud infrastructure as code
* Participation in the full life cycle of a large project: designing, implementing, testing, releasing and sustaining
* Solid object-oriented programming experience
* Self-driven with strong communication and collaboration skills
* Some experience in agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, and/or XP) is expected.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of the job, the associate is required on a daily basis to analyze and interpret data, communicate, and remain in a stationary position for a significant amount of the work day; and frequently access, input, and retrieve information from the computer and other office productivity devices. The associate is regularly required to move about the office and around the corporate campus. The associate is occasionally required to travel to other sites, including out-of-state, where applicable, for business. The associate must frequently move up to 10 pounds and occasionally move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While the job is generally performed in an office environment, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, areas in which moving mechanical parts, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals are present, and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the office environment is typically quiet, but the associate may be occasionally exposed to loud noise levels.
Minimal travel is required for this position (up to 20% of the time and on a domestic basis).
Is legally able to work in the United States.
The Friedkin Group and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain drug-free workplaces by conducting pre-employment drug testing
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.