Clinical Data Analyst II (Clinical Effectiveness)
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 80
Primary Location: Tacoma, WA
CHI Franciscan Health has exciting and rewarding careers with competitive salaries and benefits. We are a family of hospitals, health care services, and medical providers delivering compassionate care to people throughout the South Puget Sound. We are part of Catholic Health Initiatives, one of the largest not-for-profit health care systems in the country.
Our mission is to deliver high quality care that meets our patients' medical needs while providing emotional and spiritual support to patients and their families. We believe this three-part approach — physical, emotional, and spiritual — is essential to healing the whole person. Come join our team!
This position is responsible for designing/developing/testing/maintaining a wide variety of complex custom and internally-developed quality-related multi-user applications, databases, interfaces, reports, forms and associated business intelligence/training tools that automate end-user workflow/processes. The Clinical Data Analyst II is also responsible for the analysis of patient outcomes and other core measures/quality indicators in order to facilitate the identification and execution of quality performance improvement opportunities/initiatives. The responsibilities include determining, from an array of options, how best to build solid applications/programs/reports that meet professional standards and all systems and user requirements. In performing the duties, an understanding of a wide variety of business systems/applications, data types and range of formats is required, as well as the business purpose behind data management needs. The position also requires sufficient expertise to address and resolve non-compatibility issues between systems/applications and to validate the accuracy and appropriateness of complex and multi-dimensional data.
- Plans, designs, develops, tests, implements and maintains desktop applications and/or multi-user databases that facilitate the timely, efficient and accurate collection, analysis and management of key clinical data in support of process improvement activities, internal/external reporting requirements and emerging healthcare-related initiatives; ensures that all activities are fully documented in accordance with professional standards.
- Prepares recurring and special aggregated data reports and related business intelligence/decision support tools for internal customers and external entities by obtaining/manipulating electronic and abstracted data from automated systems and utilizing complex report-writing applications.
- Presents, interprets and explains complex and multi-dimensional report content to various audiences including senior leadership/management, performance improvement teams, physicians/providers and other stakeholders.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for, and participates in, ongoing performance/process improvement activities relating to data management.
- Keeps abreast of evolving/changing quality measures/benchmarks, regulations, terminology/definitions, incentive/reimbursement criteria and related requirements/documentation applicable to ongoing clinical data management and reporting.
- Adheres to and exhibits our Core Values of Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
- Performs related duties as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Healthcare Analytics or other related discipline and a minimum of five years of directly related work experience (including data management and analysis) that would demonstrate attainment of the requisite job knowledge/abilities.
Or any equivalent combination of education and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.