Technology is constantly changing, and our adversaries are digitally “going dark” at a rate that is exceeding law enforcement’s ability to keep pace. Those charged with protecting the United States are not always able to access the evidence needed to prosecute crime and prevent terrorism. The Government has trusted in Peraton to provide the technical ability, tools, and resources to bring criminals to justice. In response to this challenge, we are seeking a talented Cloud Engineer. (Some remote work options may be availalbe.)
What you’ll do…
- Build a framework using AWS cloud technologies to collect, transfer, and archive data files of varying formats into a data lake and content warehouse in a consistent way.
- Take advantage of new cloud services as they become available to further streamline data transport.
- Take full advantage of AWS technologies including SQS, SNS, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, and more to build a resilient, cost effective data transport solution.
- Provide operations and maintenance support for data feeds and developed solutions.
- Automate deployment of solution and infrastructure using CloudFormation and other technologies.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement autoscaling compatible architecture.
- Sheperd existing data feeds into this new framework.
You’d be a great fit if…
- You’ve obtained a BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline. However, equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- You have ten (10) years of experience developing comprehensive and innovative technical solutions.
- You have at least two (2) years of experience with 1 of the 3 major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google).
- You’ve architected and migrated on-premises applications into a cloud platform.
- You have a current Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility and the ability to obtain a polygraph.
It would be even better if you…
- Are experienced building cloud-based solutions the AWS platform.
- Have experience with ETL and Python.
What you’ll get…
- An immediately-vested 401(K) with employer matching
- Rapid PTO accrual schedule with floating holidays
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Tuition assistance, financing, and refinancing
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Company-paid infertility treatments
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
- The ability to influence major initiatives
*This position requires the candidate to have a current Top Secret security clearance and the ability to obtain a polygraph. Candidate must possess SCI eligibility.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.