Cloud Security Architect – AWS
In This Role
You will be responsible for security architecture and oversight of Comcast’s AWS cloud computing platform under the mentorship of Comcast’s Lead Cloud Security Architect. Comcast uses many of the major public cloud providers as well as internally operated private cloud environments. You will act as the Comcast Cyber Security point of contact for AWS and will work with the Cloud SRE team to ensure our users are able to use the cloud in a secure manner.
You will be encouraged to stay current on developments and new offerings from Amazon and current events in the security industry to ensure that Comcast is using vendor-provided, in-house and third-party resources efficiently and securely.
You will provide mentorship and training to customers on secure cloud development, architectures, and operations practices. Work with customer teams to meet deployment goals and maintain the security of Comcast’s cloud systems and platforms.
Working directly with the Lead Cloud Security Architect and your peers, you will help develop holistic strategies and implementations which align to Comcast Security goals and provide consistent coverage across Comcast’s multiple cloud platforms.
You will be responsible for the design and execution of the Lead Cloud Security Architect’s strategy and vision on AWS.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences
Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers
- Get results and growth
Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities
What You Will Do
- Be the Cloud Security point-of-contact and subject matter authority for AWS
- Work closely with the Cloud Center of Excellence (CCOE) to develop governance, standards and guidelines for the secure use of AWS.
- Participate in threat modeling sessions, security assessments, and audits of AWS and applications deployed on AWS to identify security flaws and provide remediation recommendations.
- Attend AWS “office hours” to provide one-on-one mentorship to Comcast system development teams and cloud users.
- Develop and provide cloud security training to our peers and customers
- Develop and drive the implementation of the strategic vision and goals defined by the Lead Cloud Security Architect
What You Should Possess
- Deep understanding and hands-on experience with AWS, its core products, and security offerings (ie. EC2, Lambda, S3, Guardduty, Cloudtrail, and Organizations)
- Proven understanding of cloud security standard methodologies.
- An understanding of AWS specific security paradigms, design patterns, and best practices for managing accounts and workloads
- Ability to write scripts and automation using Python, Boto3, Lambda, and the AWSCLI
- The ability to read, write, and debug sophisticated IAM and resource policies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills translating strategic and tactical ideas for technical and non-technical audiences
- Familiarity with current open source and commercial Cloud security tools and automation
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other team members on requirements gathering and testing
- An understanding of the NIST Cybersecurity framework
- Passion for cybersecurity, an entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resourcefulness
What success looks like
- Positive, collaborative relationship with the CCOE
- Recognized by internal customers as a trusted resource for AWS security knowledge and decision making
- Relied upon as a trusted and knowledgeable team member of the cloud security program
What You Can Expect
- A diverse and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills!
- A culture of inclusion, innovation and continuous learning!
- Flexible work schedules and the ability to work remotely
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise
- Opportunities to impact the security of Comcast products in millions of homes and businesses
- Dynamic and changing environment with continuously improved processes
What We Require
- A strong background in cyber security
- Ability to travel up to 25% per year
- Attention to detail and quality
- Five or more years of hands on AWS cloud security experience managing multiple customers across multiple AWS accounts in an enterprise environment
- Experience working with security organizations helping them understand and support cloud computing initiatives
- AWS certifications are preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
The above information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.