Cloud Software Engineer 2
The Leidos Intelligence Division is seeking a Software Engineer/Developer with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance to support a highly visible fast paced prime contract in the Fort Meade, MD area. This position offers a 20K Sign on Bonus! You will enjoy great benefits such as 4 or more weeks of Paid Time Off, Flexible Schedules, Discounted Stock Purchase Plans, Education and Training Support, Parental Paid Leave, and a sign on bonus.
Do you enjoy being a part of small teams that work closely with the customer? Does big data pique your interest? Our Prototype Development Support program is looking for candidates with a strong mission focus to do new development and rapid prototyping. Someone who can figure out smarter, better ways to discover new targets or support mission analysis. The Prototype Development Support program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, this program looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, this program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
Click here to learn how this program “Delivers Mission Success!” and a list of all our amazing opportunities
The successful candidate will have a broad-based background in Java, Python and Data Science to assist the customer’s Data Scientists with implementing their analytics and get them to perform at scale. The software engineer will assist the team with migrating Jupyter Notebooks to Java and integrating them into the customer’s corporate architecture. Working with new data sources, correlation with other existing data sources is also part of this effort. This person will also help mentor junior staff in Data Science and programming concepts.
What you will like about this position…
•Developing answers to questions via Java and Python Map/Reduce and Spark.
•Opportunities to research and work with multiple platforms for development
•Working in a cohesive, small team environment
- At least five (5) years of general experience in software development/engineering, including requirements analysis, installation, integration, evaluation, enhancement, maintenance, testing, and problem diagnosis/resolution.
- A TS/SCI Polygraph Clearance
- At least three (3) years of experience developing software with high level languages (such as Java, C, C++), developing software in UNIX/Linux (RedHat versions 3-5+), and software integration and testing (to include developing and implementing test plans and scripts).
- At least two (2) years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data Store (NoSQL) such as H Base, CloudBase/Accumulo, Big Table, etc., as well as Map Reduce programming model, the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), and technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Etc.
- Demonstrated Java Map/Reduce experience.
- Strong Python experience
- Familiar with Data Science methodologies
- Experience retrieving data from corporate warehouses using Python and Java
- Knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiar with Tradecraft Suite and Notebook Gallery
- Knowledge of data flows within the customer architecture
- Experience with Gitlab, Maven, and Jenkins
- Work in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Pay Range $78,000.00 – $120,000.00 – $162,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.