– The Applications Engineer-CNC Programmer will work with the Process, Repair Development and Production Engineering teams to develop and implement consistent CNC programs to cater to current and future production requirements.
– Provide CNC related support to the engineers and provide operator training for new programs
– Provide daily operations support in the form of CNC programming and trouble shooting
– Review Part specific repair instructions to develop multi-axis CNC programs
– Monitors all work in progress to ensure that quality and engineering standards are met and that programs are effective through the entire process. Edits and approves changes to programs or schedules as necessary. Produces periodic project status reports comparing actual to forecasted timeline.
– Acts as a liaison with internal and external customers, assuring satisfaction with progress and quality.
– Participates in projects as a team member and/or team project leader.
– Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and immediately reporting any unsafe practices/conditions.
– Carries out special duties as assigned.
– 2 year Associates of Science degree in aerospace, mechanical, manufacturing, materials, or industrial engineering or equivalent work experience.
– Minimum of 3 years experience with CNC programming
– Experience with gas turbine engine component repair preferred but not required.
– Experience with developing and using macros and probing routines to simplify programs and minimize operator error
– Strong background and knowledge of machining including turning, milling, drilling, and grinding
– Knowledge of gas turbine engine maintenance, theory, and performance preferred but not required.
– Knowledge of machining of high temperature aviation grade materials including Inco 718, Titanium, and various other superalloys preferred but not required
– Knowledge of machine applications including Mills, Lathes, and EDMs
– Ability to read and interpret engine manual repair instructions, inspection criteria, and part blue prints.
– Strong technical writing skills, interpersonal communication skills, and proficient computer skills.
– Ability to make quick decisions in a fast paced and high part volume environment.
– Working knowledge of precision measurement instruments and gauges.
– Must be a US Citizen or a US Permanent Resident per ITAR regulations.