Could you use an extra $1500? Interested in working a 4-day work week?
Work Monday-Thursday 6:00 am-4:00 pm. Ecolab, the global leader of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a CNC Programmer. This role is responsible for programing and operating CNC lathes & mills, as well as setting up and operating other various manual machining equipment. Enjoy a 4-day work week!
What’s in it For You:
- There is a $1,500 Sign on Bonus offered for this position.
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day one of employment including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
- Our Roscoe, IL plant has a four-day work week! All shifts are Monday-Thursday.
Click Here to see our benefits.
- Location: Roscoe, IL
- Work week and Shift: Monday-Thursday, 6:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Compensation: $25 – $30 / hour
- $1500 sign on bonus-To be eligible for the hiring bonus, candidates must not have worked for Ecolab in any capacity in the previous 12 months.
What You Will Do:
- Program, Set-up, and operate CNC lathes and CNC milling machines
- Set-up and operate on manual lathes and milling machines
- Program new components, as well as optimize programs to run more efficiently
- Work from blueprints, engineering specifications or verbal instructions and lay out own work
- Process necessary transactions related to labor reporting and record keeping
- Wear and use all safety equipment provided and follow all safety procedures
- Verify all safety devices are functioning properly
- Continually identify opportunities for system and process loss elimination to improve safety, efficiency, reduce cost and/or increase service to our customers.
- Loss analysis and improvement project participation using TPM tools such as root cause analysis (RCA, 5 Why’s, OPL’s, etc.
- Actively participate in regular Kaizen events using TPM tools and methodology. Ensure sustainability of improvements.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve departmental productivity and efficiencies, product quality, methods and working conditions so that downtime is minimized using teamwork and TPM/continuous improvement principles. Promote process and safety improvements through coordination with leadership, T-Card process, WIN Wall process, and other appropriate methods.
- Proactively communicate maintenance needs, quality issues, or other situations that impact safety, quality, or productivity to Team Lead, Coach or the appropriate functional/department leader
- Continuingly identify opportunities for system and process loss elimination using TPM tools such as root cause analysis (RCA), 5 why’s, OPL’s, etc.
- Ensure constant communication with management on daily activities and losses inherent to our process
- Adhere to all plant procedures
- High school diploma or GED
- 5 years’ experience in programming, set-up and operations of CNC lathes, milling machines
- 5 years’ experience reading and interpreting blueprints, both metric and U.S. standard, must be knowledgeable in tolerance interpretation.
- 3 years’ experience and able to proficiently use precision measuring instruments – micrometer, calipers, tape measure, dial indicator, etc.
- High level of mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Ability to distinguish between various metals
- Ability to perform shop mathematical calculations
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Experience with G-Coding
- Experience using Haas CNC mill
- Machinist certification
- Experience with drill press and other shop tools
- Self-motivated and the ability to understand piece rate calculations
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.