**Position located in any of our Polish buildings**
The successful candidate will be a key part of the Design and Construction team and will be responsible for project managing the construction of new Amazon Fulfillment Centers (FCs). The Construction Manager will play an integral role in the development and implementation of the EU network infrastructure and be part of long term development of Amazon.
This opportunity combines construction engineering, planning, project management, facilities management, and contract management. It requires a person who can show proven ability in the planning and design, and project management / control of new and the enhancement of existing facility buildings.
The role will be based in Poland and will include frequent travel to all various locations within Poland and Germany.
The candidate should have good experience and knowledge of the Polish and German construction market and permitting process.
· Responsible for overseeing construction engineering, planning, and design
· Managing Contractors, Designers and Consultants
· Liaising and working with permitting authorities
· Prepare reports, specifications, technical analysis to fully define the design requirements, equipment and services required
· Survey facilities, develop and document a procedures to audit the facility, provide evaluations and analysis, and recommend solutions to facility infrastructure, safety and security problems involving facilities and people
· Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required
· Ensure that contracts are fit for purpose, cost effective and incorporate appropriate Service Level Agreements
· Provide overall site management, coordination, planning, specification of business proposals and coordination of subcontractors
· Facilitate and team with others on due diligence evaluation of new opportunities
· Ensure that contracted resources deliver work to meet duration and quality targets, addressing and ensuring the correction of under-performance issues
· Audit contractors to check that the skills and competences of contract labor are appropriate to need and they are fit to undertake the work on which they will be deployed
· Inform contractors of projected changes in resource or work demand so that they can take appropriate action
· Establish and operate the information systems necessary for effective scheduling and recording of contract work
· Support contractors’ work and help them to achieve higher performance levels.
· Coach other new members on best practices.
· May have direct reports
· Fluency in German and English
– Estimator/Quantity Surveyor
– Leader in change management – expertise across the main industry contract forms
– Experience in working within the German market
– Ability to communicate in German
· Completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Construction Management or comparable field or 2 years Amazon experience
· 10+ years of experience as an engineer and senior construction manager
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.