Job Summary – we are seeking a Control Systems Engineer IV with the ability to combine their knowledge of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis for designing, installing, and operating equipment used to monitor and control systems, machinery and processes. The Control Systems Engineer IV role requires a clear understanding of how these technologies fit into the larger scheme of professional and personal needs, i.e., understanding the underlying concepts of computers, creating improvements on current processes and equipment, and integrating hardware and software programs and concepts to produce fully-functional systems that are capable of meeting the customers needs.
This role will measure output performance, analyze issues with production quality and recommend solutions and troubleshoot control systems and implement improvements to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and improve reliability.
The prescribed work is highly independent but may assume a team lead role for the work group. The Control Systems Engineer IV must be adept at dealing with complex technical and business matters.
Essential Functions / Key Responsibilities:
- Commission, design, and implement control systems, with multiple stage compressors
- Generate standard documentation and control strategy startup / shutdown procedures, and basic troubleshooting for company operations.
- Assist in gathering and assessing customer needs, both business and technical.
- Help to identify site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that could impact solutions
- Assist in architecting an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s business requirements
- Create a customized set of SW libraries for the customer, if needed
- Translate existing logic from one platform to another
- Build customer loyalty through being a trusted adviser
- Partner effectively with colleagues to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Actively support the account team with solution advice, proposals, and presentations
- Assist with advancing opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques
- Help to identify customer training needs
- Assist in the delivery of Help Desk services to our clients
- Keep informed on relevant technology improvements and advances
- Maintain excellent communications with customers, account teams and CBT executive management.
- Support other projects and responsibilities that may be added at the companys discretion.
This position also requires someone who builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, partners and clients. Customer satisfaction is a top priority in this position. This role requires creativity, the ability to innovate, attention to detail, teamwork, good communication and interpersonal skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University, or equivalent
Experience: 7+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of both.
Training and Certification Requirements:(licenses, programs or certificates): Preferred certifications in Control Systems
- Good knowledge and understanding of hardware and systems architecture
– Familiar with: HMI Touch Panels, Actuators for valves, PLCs logic, AC/DC Drives, Surveillance Display Units (SVDU), Priority Logic Monitor (PLM), DCS basics
- Broad technical knowledge of server technology, including
– Server virtualization, cloud technologies, and systems management
– Designing, Installing, configuring of server-based virtualization solutions.
– Understanding of Windows, Linux and other operating systems preferred
- Familiarization with the following software:
– DCS Systems
– Auto CAD
– Factory Talk, etc.
- Familiar with the following electrical technologies:
– Surge Control
– Extraction Control
– Two Valve Drop Control
- Quick troubleshooter
- Understanding of Storage and Networking preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, analytical skills
- Ability to present self and company in a professional manner
- Ability to perform under a fast paced, high pressure and dynamic work environment
- Work effectively within a team environment and maintain composure when under pressure; must maintain positive attitude and support the goals of the Sales and Account teams in an encouraging and constructive manner.
- Balance and prioritize demands for information from a variety of sources both internal and external.
- Accommodate long and/or irregular hours including attendance at a number of business functions and special events.
Benefits & Perks: Our belief is that happy employees make for happy customers. The results of that philosophy are reflected in our company’s continued growth, excellent customer and partner relationships, and exceptionally low employee turnover. We offer the following benefits & perks
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) Retirement & Profit Sharing
- Paid Time Off – Vacation, Holiday and Sick pay
- Group Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD, Pet, Aflac Supplemental insurance
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Professional Development / Training
- Discount Programs through our business partners
CB Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information check our our website – www.cbtechinc.com
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.