HON and Allsteel, industry leaders in workplace furnishings, are in search of a Controls Engineer to our Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO) team in Muscatine, IA!
Controls Engineering is a hybrid discipline that utilizes Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and principles of Computer Science to design and produce complex computer electromechanical systems/controls for Automation equipment. The goal is to create systems that can develop products from start to finish with little to no human interference, while utilizing data to drive better business results from efficiencies in equipment operations to quality of our product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, evaluate, and build modern complex engineered systems and controls.
- Conceptualize, model, and integrate hardware, software, data, and humans are critical in technology driven multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Develop and integrate emerging technology with built in quality checks (poka-yoke processes), and communications through data transfer.
- Will work closely with the IT department as it relates to integration and network security.
Education Required and/or Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Mechatronics Engineering, Systems Engineer, or the like.
Experience Required and/or Preferred:
- 3-4 years in an Industrial/ equipment design or build environment creating systems that utilizes multiple controls systems with PLC’s, P.C.’S that include data driven measures to improve results.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to program through PLC technology using ladder logic.
- Ability to understand data driven MES solutions aka industry 4.0.
- Need to know PLC controls and other types of microprocessors, PC bases systems, operational improvements, and quality checks through vision systems.
- Ability to coach, mentor, train others.
- Ability to go to the shop floor or manufacturing facilities and debug and trouble shoot many various control systems using software.
- Ability to think creatively and complete do prototypes, and or mock-ups of improvement initiatives and ideas.
- Dotted line responsibilities with apprentices and possible direct reports in future.
- Approximately 80% design in the office/ shop floor, 20% hands-on at the equipment in the manufacturing facilities or shop floor, commissioning or debugging processes or systems.
- Primary working location will be in an office environment where low volume noise is on-going.
- Sitting/standing at workstation for up to the entire scheduled workday.
- Majority of office time spent on a computer system designing, programming, or creating systems.
- The operations environment has extreme fluctuations in temperature, humidity and dust
- Climbing stairs to access office and attend meetings is required
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, stooping, standing and walking
- PPE required for the shop floor of safety shoes, ear plugs and eye protection/safety glasses
We look forward to hearing from you!
Why HNI Corporation?
HNI Corporation (NYSE: HNI) is a manufacturer of workplace furnishings and building products, operating under two segments. The workplace furnishings segment is a leading global designer and provider of commercial furnishings, going to market under multiple unique brands. The residential building products segment is the nation’s leading manufacturer and marketer of hearth products, which include a full array of gas, electric, wood, and pellet-burning fireplaces, inserts, stoves, facings, and accessories.
As one of the larger employers in Iowa, HNI Corporation has been ranked by Industry Week magazine as one of the “Top 100 Best Managed Companies in the World”, by Fortune magazine as “The Most Admired Company” in the furniture industry; and named by Chief Executive Magazine as one of the world’s best companies for leadership development.
Leveraged Furniture Operations (LFO) is the branded name for our furniture manufacturing and operations structure. This encompasses all roles in manufacturing, plant engineering, supply chain, distribution and logistics, as well as some roles in finance and accounting, and human resources. By centralizing these key functions, we enhance our efficiencies, reduce costs, and ultimately improve our customer’s experience with HNI! When you accept a role in LFO, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant impact on both our future and yours with work that matters, empowerment and autonomy, and growth without limits.
We invite you to visit us at www.HNICorp.com for the best visual overview of our organization.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.