ProAmpac is a leading global flexible packaging company with a comprehensive product offering, providing creative packaging solutions, industry-leading customer service and award-winning innovation to a diverse global marketplace. ProAmpac’s approach to sustainability – ProActive Sustainability® – provides innovative sustainable flexible packaging products to help our customers achieve their sustainability goals. We are guided in our work by four core values that are the basis for our success: Integrity, Intensity, Innovation, and Involvement.
As a team member, you join a diverse mix of forward-thinking professionals dedicated to producing world-class packaging. We're always looking to bring in top-tier talent — it's one of the many keys to our tremendous success and continuing growth. Our open culture nurtures an atmosphere of encouragement and empowers the free exchange of fresh ideas and the sharing of best practices.
By joining us, you become an integral part of an entrepreneurial company in a fast-paced, exciting environment that provides varied opportunities for professional and personal growth.
The Corporate Cost Engineer will work with sales, customer service, and manufacturing to ensure the database captures costs from all facets of the business (e.g. freight, material, labor, overhead, etc.), in an effort to align the quoting modules with the transactional modules (i.e. income statement). There is a need for excellent communication, high attention to detail, and strong analytical skills.
* Ensure costing models accurately reflect material, labor, and overhead absorption at the manufacturing level, in a continued effort to align the costing module with the company's income statements
* Gauge the company's overall financial health, while directing and providing insight to the company's financial planning, budgeting, cash flow and other financial related matters
* Track global weekly labor costs for all manufacturing facilities
* Manage initial FIFO costing for raw materials in each plant's respective database
* Manage and monitor the database's quoting and transactional costing structure on a continued basis
* Manage, facilitate, and/or audit monthly physical inventories across Midwest manufacturing facilities
* Compile, analyze, and distribute monthly manufacturing reports for the corporate manufacturing facility
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from a four-year university
* Coursework or personal interest in Finance preferred
* Solid working knowledge in accounting processes
* Proficiency and familiarity with enterprise resource planning (ERP) preferred
* Exceptional time management and organization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously establishing priorities to meet deadlines
* Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written, and presentations) with executive leadership, staff, and internal and external clients
* Proactive; exercises sound judgment and decision making; able to identify problems and needs, and develop solutions and/or options
* Self-confident, self-motivated polished professional who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment
* Ability to travel to company's other manufacturing facilities, up to 20% of the time
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled