As a CyberSecurity Zero Trust Engineer, you will join a dedicated, professional team responsible for network security in the Comcast network. The Security Engineer position is responsible for configuration, deployment and support of network security and engineering systems including AWS/AZURE Firewalls, VPN’s, F5 SSLO/ASM/APM, Proxy and supporting tools for managing secure connectivity.Responsibility includes monitoring performance, operation, enhancement and fault events and performing the appropriate response to adequately close or escalate the events to completion. The individual in this role will perform advanced security systems configurations, upgrades and troubleshooting, as well as familiarity with (i.e. firewalls, Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems, and rule automation). During a critical security connectivity event, this position will be authorized to make customized changes to the various security tools or system configurations to minimize the immediate impact to the business.
- Perform proactive maintenance, upgrades and enhancements in accordance with National Change Management procedures.
- Implement and maintain security connectivity solutions including on-prem and off-prem(Cloud) connectivity solutions via Fortinet/F5 to support National Applications footprint.
- Perform troubleshooting of network connectivity issues involving security products: Fortinet, RSA Netwitness, Extrahop advanced Forensics security troubleshooting.
- Develop, execute and maintain security system fault management support procedures for assigned systems (Jira/SharePoint and Tableau familiarity)
- Perform configuration updates, such as modifying configurations, signature definitions or implementing new policies on various network security tools, as directed.
- Define and improve daily operating procedures and administration for assigned elements, Develop and document network security topology diagrams.
- Be able to leverage other network management tools used by the National Operations Centers or Local Management Centers in the identification and response to security connectivity incidents and faults.
- Ensure timely proactive identification and reporting of security gaps and vulnerabilities to the critical business information, systems and network infrastructure.
- Assist with security compliance audits to verify completeness of required configurations and verify system hardening.
- Participate in the problem investigation of connectivity issues and security events related to security devices, identify root problem cause, and provide recommendations to improve reliability and availability, or reduce recovery time.
- Weekly on-call shifts, rotating approximately once every 2 months.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Network and/or security certifications such as SANS GIAC, Security+, SSCP or other security certifications
- Working knowledge of complex networking technologies, including IP Addressing v4/v6, routing, switching, load balancing, DNS, DHCP, NAT rules
- Knowledge of complex network operating environments, including remotely hosted or cloud-based service offerings
- Advanced knowledge of information security methodologies
- Experience with RSA Netwitness/ExtraHOP and Gigamon
- Hands on with F5 or A10 technologies
- Routing protocols including BGP and STATIC.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in administration and operations of network and/or security gear (Arista/Juniper/Cisco routers and switches)
- Experience with firewall policy creation and rule updates, configuration and troubleshooting; firewall administration experience required.
- Must be familiar with trouble ticketing procedures such as ServiceNow and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Aptitude to work with others
- Comfortable with interfacing with other internal or external organizations regarding failure and incident response situations.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex or any other legally protected category.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.