Data Analyst – EDW/Data Management – MAR001159
The U.S. Cellular® Shared Analytical and Data Services team (SANDS) is comprised of highly technical resources with diverse backgrounds in analytics, forecasting, CRM, business intelligence, and data warehousing. The SANDS team is responsible for delivering data solutions, analytical tools, campaign execution, and business insights to stakeholders in Marketing, Finance, Customer Service, and Operations.
The Business Analyst – Data Management will provide business and technical context to stakeholders to ensure that our data infrastructure and marketing projects align to provide desired business functionality. The position will participate in cross-functional teams that drive improvements in U.S. Cellular's BI (Business Intelligence), data warehouse, and CRM architecture. Candidates for this role should be able to balance strategic business objectives with highly detailed design considerations. They must be capable of interviewing clients, producing business requirements, and creating conceptual diagrams, as well as reviewing detailed data models and validating source-to-target mappings. Candidates should be able to review and critique logical and physical data models to ensure that they satisfy business requirements. Candidates should be able to create and review data validation test cases and test plans to ensure that business requirements have been met.
This role will be expected to collaborate across business and IS (Information Services) stakeholders to facilitate requirements solutions for data architecture, analytical infrastructure, and CRM capabilities. This individual should have knowledge of the current wireless telecommunications landscape, data warehousing best practices, BI trends, and the latest analytics technologies. Ideally, this person should have prior experience collaborating with IS to deliver solutions via agile process management frameworks.
- Liaise between SANDS and IS to deliver technical solutions that meet business needs for BI, ad-hoc data extracts, advanced analytics, campaign management, and CRM. Clarify requirements and ensure that they are properly understood by both IS and business stakeholders.
- Prepare and review business requirement documents and user stories. Define requirements by consulting with information-consuming clients, connecting low-level requirements to business strategies.
- Perform data profiling, plan user acceptance test cases (UAT), and review test results. Establish acceptance criteria and oversee UAT for data warehouse related projects across SANDS.
- Document data mappings, transformation rules, and data definitions. Review database design documents and diagrams to ensure that they meet business requirements. Occasionally design/create Oracle tables to prototype solutions for future ETL development.
- Occasionally create ad-hoc data extracts via SQL, SAS, or BI reporting tools.
- Contribute to data warehouse enhancement initiatives that add new subject areas, improve data quality, provide faster data availability, simplify usage, and enable more sophisticated analytics.
- Collaborate with the SANDS Data Governance team to coordinate the implementation of common data definitions and metadata documentation.
- Create business, functional, and technical requirements for the SANDS data infrastructure.
- Develop business use-cases. Aid in the development of technical specifications and design documents.
- Perform data analysis to specify data enhancements and diagnose EDW defects.
- Facilitate urgent requests to extract data.
- Coordinate data transmittal processes with external vendors
- Define or create processes to monitor service level agreements for data and report availability.
- Define or create processes to measure and track data quality.
- Serve as an EDW and BI subject matter expert.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, economics, statistics, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience working in a business intelligence or data warehousing environment;
- 2-3 years prior experience in the wireless telecom industry preferred
- Strong technical writing and communication skills; Prior experience preparing functional business requirements and validating business requirements against logical and physical data schema
- Experience in data profiling, analysis, and/or testing
- Knowledge of SQL, Kimball dimensional data modeling, ETL, data integration, and master data management
- Familiar with BI tools (e.g. Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy); Knowledge of analytics tools (e.g. SAS, R, SPSS) preferred.
- Excellent project management skills including knowledge of agile delivery methodologies
- Consultative style that leverages business and technical resources in a cross-functional organization
Job : Marketing
Location(s) : Illinois-CHICAGO_IL
U.S. Cellular® is an EEO employer and gives consideration to qualified applicants without regard to race/color/age/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/national origin/disability/veteran status, pregnancy or genetic information.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.