Provide operational support for systems hardware, peripherals and infrastructure within Epsilon data centers and related facilities. Identifies, isolates, and resolves problems. Work in conjunction with the technical support staff to implement immediate resolutions to more critical problems. Manage Data Center Management ticket queues to process change requests through the tracking systems.
This position is located in Elk Grove Village, IL
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Maintain documentation of infrastructure inventory, rack elevation, cross connects and circuit audits.
- Responsible for rack and stack, troubleshooting, and decommissioning of servers and other types of equipment per Data Center standards.
- Responsible for the installation, troubleshooting, and decommissioning of all copper and fiber cabling, patching, and customer cross connects.
- Perform and execute installation projects.
- Provide onsite support of critical Data Center infrastructure equipment (ie: Generator, UPS, PDU, ATS, Fire detection/suppression, CRAC units, HVAC, power, etc.)
- When required, escalate events in a timely manner to the appropriate team according to proper procedures.
- Assist with shipping and receiving duties including validation, tracking, and scheduling of equipment moves from site to site during normal business hours and after hours.
- Assist with physical security to monitor and control access to the Data Center.
- Monitor and support facilities for power, cooling, redundancy, and other capacity requirements.
- Configuration Management for Data Center work.
- Escorting contractors or vendors for system repairs.
- Maintain the necessary operational excellence in the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service delivery processes and framework.
- Labeling all devices and cables per standards.
- Organize and manage hardware repairs.
- Asset management.
- Perform basic support concepts such as ticketing systems, root cause analysis, and task prioritization.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of critical systems infrastructure equipment in a high availability data center.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Willing to work on-call rotations with own transportation.
- An ideal candidate knows how to innovate and make decisions on his/her own, but also knows how to take direction when it is given, paying attention to all details involved.
- The position has a physical component requiring the ability to lift up to 75 lbs. and may require working in cramped spaces or elevated locations.
- The responsibilities of this job extend beyond day-to-day Data Center operations to include: process improvements, peer training and projects worked in conjunction with other groups inside epsilon.
- Epsilon Data Centers are 24x7x365 environments. All interested candidates must be willing to work the occasional nights and weekends, around maintenance windows, and participate in an on-call support rotation.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a high paced environment with limited to no supervision.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and AutoCAD is a plus.
When you’re one of us, you get to run with the best. For decades, we’ve been helping marketers from the world’s top brands personalize experiences for millions of people with our cutting-edge technology, solutions and services. Epsilon’s best-in-class identity gives brands a clear, privacy-safe view of their customers, which they can use across our suite of digital media, messaging and loyalty solutions. We process 400+ billion consumer actions each day and hold many patents of proprietary technology, including real-time modeling languages and consumer privacy advancements. Thanks to the work of every employee, Epsilon has been consistently recognized as industry-leading by Forrester, Adweek and the MRC. Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global company with more than 8,000 employees around the world. Check out a few of these resources to learn more about what makes Epsilon so EPIC:
Great People Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay, comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance your career.
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy), marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing accommodations to complete the application process.