Requisition Number: 77960
As a Data Center Technician, you will enter a high-energy and tech savvy world. We are looking for someone who has exceptional interpersonal skills, is customer service focused, and has a proven track record of delivering best in class Data Center hardware solutions. Successful engineers are able to adapt quickly to changing technical and professional environments.
Insight Enterprise is seeking a Data Center Technician to work on site with our client in Secaucus, New Jersey! This position is 2nd shift, Monday thru Friday (with an occasional Saturday as needed).
This position is designed to result in a permanent role with our customer after a 6-12 month contract period. If you are looking for overtime, 2nd Shift, hands on with the latest tech in the industry, and have the skill sets below, we would love to speak with you!
What you’ll need to join Insight:
- 2-5+ years’ experience in working with co-locations and datacenters
- Solid understanding of server hardware installation of (HP, Dell, Supermicro, others), network hardware (Cisco, Arista, Metamako, Raritan), server/network appliances (FSMLabs Grandmasters, Novasparks, others), storage hardware (EMC/Dell, Isilon, Avere, others), smart electrical hardware / PDUs.
- Basic understanding of electrical and datacenter safety – candidate should know how to work safe within a datacenter.
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage and execute tasks given on a daily basis via a ticketing system.
- Ability to perform basic infrastructure troubleshooting, including using light meters, cable testers, OTDR, etc.
- Hard worker and self-motivator with the ability to work under fast paced and stressful environment at times.
- Ability to work 40+ hours a week and 2nd shift M-F plus Saturdays if scheduled to do so.
- Understanding of inventory control via excel, documentation or HP Asset Manager software.
- DWDM wiring and testing.
- Must be able to lift 70-lbs on their own
- Must be able to climb racks (tall racks in use at Client’s Location)
- Must be able to perform in Extremely fast paced environments with little to no down time
- Must be punctual
- Must be able to work with minimal guidance
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 21 countries providing Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations across the globe
- $9.2 billion in revenue in 2018*
- Ranked #430 on the 2019 Fortune 500, #14 on the 2019 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2019 Adobe Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Cisco Global-Americas Partner of the Year, 2019 Intel IoT Solutions Partner of the Year, Microsoft U.S. Azure Partner Choice Award for Data/AI, Microsoft Azure Expert Managed Services Provider
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology, #70 on the 2019 Fortune 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity, and #7 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2019 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
* Proforma to include PCM, Inc. for fiscal year ended Dec. 31, 2018
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: Secaucus || New Jersey (US-NJ) || United States (US) || None || None || US – New York, NY; US – Newark, NJ ||
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.