Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to build the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and captivating businesses and build career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an outstanding pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring ground breaking products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
We are looking for a mid-level data engineer that would be part of our rapidly growing AI Discovery & Personalization team that owns the full stack and operationalization of our personalized product offerings. You will be responsible for designing and building data pipeline components for the Comcast Personalization/Relevance Platform that is used by millions of customers of Comcast and its partners every day. We use sophisticated Data Pipelines which consume, and process millions of events generate training datasets and populate the events to the highly scalable and performant databases. You will work with other engineers and researchers from our Algorithm team who build and own a variety Machine/Deep Learning models over this data to personalize the content the users watch. As a key member of the team, you will help define, refine, and test state of the art data pipelines, and scale the associated systems for high performance, stability, and availability in the cloud.
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization encourages career development with regular opportunities for training and programs for innovative cross-team projects such as week-long Hackathon and job rotation programs over the summer.
- Building the data pipelines that fuel the personalization and relevance platform.
- Able to write efficient and performant code.
- Developing a platform that applies continuous delivery principles to the deployment of these pipelines.
- Using data and metrics to inform your decision making.
- Using infrastructure as code wherever vital.
- Using Workflow management tools.
- Building proof-of-concept applications or conducting exploratory experiments for the platform.
- Collaborating with your quality assurance and technical operations peers as one team.
- Resisting the accrual of “technical debt” in our systems.
- Mentoring more junior members of the technical staff, performing code reviews, and owning the team to be effective and agile.
- Working in a self-driven environment where engineers own their products end to end.
- Staying educated on technical developments and tools vital for the design and maintenance of complex, distributed platforms.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Generally, requires 5-7 years related experience
- 2+ years of server-side or cloud development experience
- Proficient with one or more general purpose programming languages – Java, Scala, Go, or Python
- Hands-on experience with distributed processing technologies (e.g. Apache Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Databricks)
- Experience developing service-oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience deploying and maintaining production services in AWS like Lambda, EMR, EC2, Kinesis etc.
- Experience with workflow management tools like Ariflow to schedule the jobs.
- Experience with continuous integration (Concourse & Jenkins), test-driven-development, automated unit and integration testing
- Experience with infrastructure as code technologies like Terraform, Ansible and Docker.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.