Overview of Retail Strategic Support (RSS):
As the center of excellence for RIG, RSS will provide a single narrative of the value delivered, ensuring consistency in the application and sharing of best practices across the division in a more structured way. We will create an organization of thriving functional experts and cultivate deep expertise in areas spinal to RIG’s success. We will build a depth of knowledge in a set of specific areas, bringing that knowledge to bear in our everyday work, and in developing others around us. Everything we do is aligned with our vision; Win the Day, Discover the Possibilities, Steward Divisional Investments, and Thrive as Functional Experts.
What it takes:
- Adaptable and curious – continuously learn and grow, build business acumen to understand how things work & recommend ways to continuously improve
- Excellent problem solver – ability to troubleshoot and develop creative solutions to technical issues that will inevitably crop up
- Team-oriented and collaborative – effectively meet the needs of team members, stakeholders, and business partners across the organization
In this role, you will:
1. Hires, evaluates, and supervises crew. Provides guidance and training as necessary to develop crew. Sets performance standards, reviews performance, and makes informed compensation decisions in accordance with all applicable Human Resources policies and procedures.
2. Manages and optimizes the automation of key ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) and quality assurance processes for large volumes of data.
3. Consults with department or function heads on the implementation, transition, and operating plans. Executes and adjusts plans for team of Data Engineers. Develops a clear understanding of Data Analytics and Management work across Vanguard businesses and how they connect.
4. Manages the planning, prioritization, and execution of data production projects and processes.
5. Partners with internal and external clients to gain an expert understanding of business functions and informational needs. Works closely with other technical and data analytics experts across the business and external vendors to implement data solutions.
6. Manages and troubleshoots the design and development of software and processes to support large scale, efficient data pipelines. Integrates complex and large scale data from a variety of sources for business partners to generate insight and make decisions. Supports dashboarding efforts, data science and engagement projects, and production support as needed.
7. Translates business specifications into design specifications and code. Responsible for writing complex programs, ad hoc queries, and reports. Ensures that all code is well structured, includes sufficient documentation, and is easy to maintain and reuse.
8. Develops and exercises cross-functional data delivery to support business needs. Manages data integrity and quality standards.
9. Educates and develops junior data engineers on the team while applying quality control to their work. Develops data engineering standards and contributes expertise to other data expert teams across Vanguard.
10. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of eight years data analytics, programming, database administration, or data management experience.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
Please note Vanguard is not offering Visa sponsorship for this role.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.