We are looking for a Data Scientist with an entrepreneur’s mindset to support a fast-paced and growing data science team working on projects critical to National Security. The position is located within a classified space in the Northern Virginia area, and requires an active TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance. Position is funded and an immediate fill opportunity
The Data Scientist will be expected to build statistical models, test hypotheses, interpret, summarize, visualize, and succinctly report on data findings. The Data Scientist will perform research on various data sources, to include unstructured data using quantitative and qualitative content analytics. The Scientist will construct and perform complex database search queries in multiple databases using SQL and API interfaces. The Scientist will perform web scraping and apply various techniques for processing unstructured data. The Scientist will leverage automation and machine learning to manage data, predict scenarios and make recommendations. The Data Scientist will contribute to building new analytical tools and packages across the enterprise and will be expected to collaborate with team members in a highly technical environment. The Data Scientist will be expected to learn and leverage emerging technologies including AWS and Git.
- BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required
- Strong experience working with Python or R programming languages
- Experience working with data manipulation, analytic/business insight tools, and data visualization experience
- Experience with SciPy stack or Tidyverse packages
- Experience constructing and performing complex database search queries
- Experience/ knowledge of computer science concepts, data architecture, and experience/knowledge of statistics
- Demonstrated experience using statistical and machine learning techniques including supervised and unsupervised learning and natural language processing
- Experience /familiarity with frequentist statistics and probability including predicative modeling
- Experience with visualizing data using popular packages including Tableau, ggplot or Matplotlib
- Ability to communicate technical findings to non-technical audiences
- Experience with AI/ML
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $182,000.00 – $245,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
The largest community on the web to find and list jobs that aren't restricted by commutes or a specific location.