PermaPlate is a family owned company based in Salt Lake City that has a 40-year history of superior customer service and quality products. We have experienced explosive growth over the last 5 years and are in the process of adding to our team of outstanding individuals. If you are the type of person that enjoys thinking outside the box and working to build systems and processes (often from scratch) then we want to hear from you!
Permaplate is seeking a Database Administrator to provide data analysis and support for accounting and IT. The Database Administrator will gain knowledge of company data structures and will help adjust where needed, maintain and help innovate our data warehouse, generating and analyzing reports for management.
Communication skills are paramount and in line with the technical needs of the position, which revolve around SQL and SQL scripting and proficient use of our ETL / ESB platforms.
- Work closely with the team and executive team to design and deliver reporting solutions
- Act as an adviser to management, executives and stakeholders
- Completes backups and data migrations as needed.
- Triage and remediates reported problems.
- Troubleshoot data issues and performance tuning of SQL queries.
- Maintain and support existing SSRS reports and implement enhancements.
- Write and optimize queries to feed reports.
- Refine and further develop existing database functions to support core business goals.
- Understanding of SQL, data/modeling and architecture
- Assist with Analysis, architecture, design, and development of ETL processes
- Ability to deploy highly available database technologies such as replication, load balancing, and clustering.
- Strong troubleshooting, communication and documentation skills
- Help with schema design and data normalization
- Install, upgrade, and manage database applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors degree in information Systems, Computer and Information Science or Database Administration required; with an additional two to four years related experience and/or training.
- MS SQL (Required)
- SQL Server Technologies T-SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS (Required)
- Salesforce.com (Desired)
- ETL / ESB Processing and Mapping (Desired)
- SQL Backup
- SQL Scripting
Open, fun working environment conducive to overall success of organizational goals through team and collaboration, commitment, and shared objectives.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.