Business Group Highlights
The Health group provides solutions to help government healthcare agencies lower administrative costs, reduce fraud and abuse, and improve the quality of services for individuals. We also provide analytics that combine clinical knowledge with big data technology and techniques to transform petabytes of data into meaningful solutions for our customers.
- Database Developer/Architect employs deep technical expertise to the design, implementation, testing, and ongoing support of the database infrastructure.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of modern software development and Dev/Ops tools, including GitHub.
- Supports database deployment and migration activities; executes backups and restores.
- Troubleshoots and resolves database issues across development, testing, and production environments.
- Designs, develops, tests, and implements database tools, including:o Backup/Recovery solutionso Security and Encryption Data Archival o Data Masking and Subsetting
- Monitors and analyzes database performance and resource utilization across multiple databases to develop CPU, Memory, and Storage capacity projections and improve operational efficiency.
- Develop database infrastructure architecture, design, and capacity.
- Perform database tuning, capacity planning and performance monitoring.
- Diagnose database incidents, identify underlying cause and provide path to resolution.
- Works with peers within and beyond the Operations team to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and develop & implement new solutions.
- Develops operational procedures, white papers, proposals, and other documentation.
- Develops scripts to automate repetitive systems administration, monitoring, and reporting activities.
- With Applications DBA:o Designs database environments and components. o Produces and maintains logical and physical data models for databases and projects.
- Requires 12 to 15 years with BS/BA or 10 to 13 years with MS/MA or 7 to 9 years with Ph.D.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, Computer Science, Math, Engineering or 5+ experience as a DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Database Administrator
- Strong understanding of IBM z/OS Mainframe Technologies
- Experience with at least 1 programming language
- Strong SQL skills
- Ideal remote locations: Washington, DC / Tampa. FL / Plano, TX
- Clearance: An Active Public Trust Clearance (MBI), or the ability to obtain a Pubilc Trust
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
As a government contractor, Perspecta abides by the following provision
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.