DataStage Developer with Python and AWS
Join this dynamic organization as an ETL DataStage Developer with expertise on Python and AWS! With your expertise, you will work with a high-performing team to consult and develop solutions for a major client.
You will support and interact with the client daily with a focus across the organization. You will have the opportunity to show/grow with technology in a customer-facing role. You should be able to work independently under limited supervision and apply your knowledge.
With sufficient knowledge and maturity to effectively deal with technical issues and help to support the broader team. Your success will be directly related to CGI's and our client's success.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Translate requirements and data mapping documents to technical design.
• Develop, enhance, and maintain code following best practices and standards.
• Create and execute unit test plans. Support regression and system testing efforts.
• Debug and problem solve issues found during testing and/or production.
• Communicate status, issues, and blockers with the project team.
• Support continuous improvement by identifying and solving opportunities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Designing and development on IBM DataStage (11.x)
• Expertise in Data Warehousing ETL Tool DataStage using Components like DataStage Designer, DataStage Director and DataStage Operations Console.
• Strong understanding of Data warehousing concepts, dimensional Star Schema and Snowflakes Schema methodology.
• Expertise in designing DataStage Server jobs, Parallel Jobs, Job Sequencing, Creating Parameter Sets, Container, Environment Variables and Creating Parallel Routines, Data Cleansing and Writing Transformation expressions to derive values and remove unwanted data. Also should have good working knowledge in different stages like Transformer, look up, merge stage, ODBC connector, Oracle connector etc.
• In depth experience in troubleshooting of DataStage jobs and addressing issues like performance tuning.
• Expertise in working and hands-on implementation of AWS services such as Glue, Lambda functions, and Redshift are required and (Terraform is nice to have)
• Hands-on experience of working with Python, Spark and PySpark.
• Efficient in all phases of the development lifecycle, coherent with Data Cleansing, Data Conversion, Performance Tuning and System Testing.
• Should have strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
• Should have strong Unix shell script skills
• Should have strong SQL skills with experience of working on Oracle and/or Teradata DB
• Good communication skills
• Good team player and co-ordinate with multiple teams
• Should have experience working in Agile teams in onshore- offshore model
Educational Expectations: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Related Field
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our benefits package includes multiple medical, dental, & vision options, both a Shared Purchase Plan (SPP) for CGI stocks and a 401(k) plan, as well as numerous other life style benefits. CGI also provides sick leave and vacation pay
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
Insights you can act on
While technology is at the heart of our clients' digital transformation, we understand that people are at the heart of business success.
When you join CGI, you become a trusted advisor, collaborating with colleagues and clients to bring forward actionable insights that deliver meaningful and sustainable outcomes. We call our employees "members" because they are CGI shareholders and owners and owners who enjoy working and growing together to build a company we are proud of. This has been our Dream since 1976, and it has brought us to where we are today – one of the world's largest independent providers of IT and business consulting services.
At CGI, we recognize the richness that diversity brings. We strive to create a work culture where all belong and collaborate with clients in building more inclusive communities. As an equal-opportunity employer, we want to empower all our members to succeed and grow. If you require an accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please let us know. We will be happy to assist.
Ready to become part of our success story? Join CGI – where your ideas and actions make a difference.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- IBM WS Datastage Designer
- Spark SQL
- AWS Developer