Information Technology & Information Security. San Francisco, California
King & Spalding, a leading global law firm, is currently seeking a Technical Analyst to join our Information Technology department in San Francisco. The Technical Analyst is responsible for the supporting, troubleshooting and maintaining all desktop operational applications and hardware directly related to the end user environment. This includes, but is not limited to Microsoft operating systems, productivity applications, remote access applications, desktop image provisioning, asset management, desktop computers, printers, laptop computers, other mobile devices, phone and video conference equipment and some network appliances. The Technical Analyst will also be responsible for traveling to and supporting the Silicon Valley and Sacramento offices in addition to the San Francisco office.
The firm offers a generous total compensation package with bonuses and raises awarded in recognition of individual merit-based performance. Eligible employees may participate in King & Spalding’s comprehensive benefit program including health and wellness plan, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts and a health savings account, a 401(k) plan, profit sharing plan, discount programs, and a substantial Paid Time Off (PTO) program.
Candidates will have the following responsibilities:
- Responsible for the image and testing of critical applications and hardware as well as running cables, moving terminals and printers and installing equipment.
- Perform installation, configuration, testing and inventory control of the Firm’s desktop/laptop computers and related peripheral equipment.
- Provide memory management support, drive development support, monitor and track upgrades, fixes etc. for PC platforms, maintain inventory for all PC and related equipment, perform installation and maintenance of LAN cards and other peripherals, support computer/LAN integration requirements as related to Hardware and software Interconnects.
- Responsible for the configuration & integration of 3rd party system & application products that support the office as well as providing tier 1 and tier 2 level diagnostics.
- Work closely with the corporate office to provide feedback and new methodologies as well as coordinate deployments in the desktop/laptop initiatives for the firm.
- Hands on technician and desk side assistance and provide assistance to off-site operations and traveling personnel.
- Remote access troubleshooting for users dialing in from home via telephone/broadband/Hotel/Airports/client sites.
- Provide a higher-level support to network users for office automation applications, such as word processing spreadsheets, databases, electronic mail and other productivity software.
- Build out an inventory control process and establish best practices for new implementations.
- Must be able to carry a mobile communication device and respond to service needs during weeknights and on weekends and/or holidays.
Successful candidates will have a Technical degree or at least two years related experience in a law firm environment although a bachelor’s degree is preferred. Candidates should have supported a user population greater than 50 people, have strong technical understanding of current OS and office productivity applications including Document Management Systems, have experience with remote access diagnostics and support for Citrix and VPN. Candidates should also have a strong understanding of desktop, laptop, HP, Xerox Printer, and computer architecture. VOIP knowledge, strong technical and troubleshooting skills, and experience with Cisco technologies are desired.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 20 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
King & Spalding LLP (K&S) is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees in full compliance with all state, federal, and local laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.