Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation, helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software, Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Summary Role / Purpose:
The DevOps Engineer supports the development of software products, processes, and supporting systems. In this role you will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to accomplish development objectives and oversee software releases.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Performs basic DevOps activities, including the building, maintenance, monitoring, packaging and testing of open source software packages for use in Ansys products
• Prepares, configures, deploys and maintains build agents
• Works with IT to maintain DevOps infrastructure
• Works closely with development to adjust open source software packages to changing requirements
• Operates under direct supervision with work subject to frequent review by more experienced staff or DevOps Manag
Minimum Education / Certification Requirements and Experience
• Required Education and Degree Type: BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
• Required Minimum Years of Professional Experience: None
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Basic understanding of build management and continuous integration software
• Knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
• Experience with GitHub is a plus
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a geographically distributed team
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are, of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs – guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders, collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known, world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high, met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission accomplished". It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have, can and will impact real people in real ways, forged within a working environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.