In the DevOps Engineer I role, engineers are responsible for implementing automation solutions that help increase the speed of our ability to deliver features to production while working with other DevOps Engineers at SelectQuote. The DevOps Engineer I will focus on familiarization with DevOps Principles, automation, and site-reliability. As an incoming engineer, this role will require a basic knowledge of networking and server administration. This role will also need to understand the basic concepts of how applications work together or familiarity with software engineering or SDLC principles. We would like the individual in this role to practice Redundancy and Recovery methods; being able to assist in a triaging workflow, as well as identifying repetitive tasks and solutions.
- Troubleshoot and solve technical problems in AWS
- Automate installation or updates for required hardware and software
- Document solutions to issues and communicate across teams
- Leverage relevant tools, Jira, Jenkins, BitBucket, Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, and other tools.
- Prevent repetitive tasks by triaging issues and working with senior team members to automate
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
- Some experience with AWS preferred, basic knowledge of ECS & EC2
- Experience with application instrumentation and monitoring
- Familiarity with application error tracking software such as Sentry.io, Rollbar or similar
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment (CI/CD) processes and automation
- Understanding of Linux system internals and administration
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration layers (Docker, ECS, ECR, etc.)
- Basic understanding of data center architectures (servers, networking, storage, physical hardware, virtualization, etc.)
- Exposure to automated testing including: unit, function, load, and behavior
Training & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or the equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of Software engineering or systems administration work experience
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, voluntary short-term disability, company-paid long term disability, company-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D), 401(k) + company match and 100% vesting after 4 years, discretionary profit sharing, employee stock purchase program (espp), paid time off, floating holidays, paid maternity leave, paid parental bonding leave, tuition reimbursement, jury duty pay, work from home stipend, and other paid leaves vary based on work location
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.