Supports the organization's Development Operations (DevOps) strategy to ensure quality software deployments and maximize the overall health, availability, security, reliability, and performance of critical business systems. The DevOps Engineer II uses expert knowledge of AWS services and understands how to utilize them best to support business applications' function in the AWS environment. Additionally, the DevOps Engineer II will work closely with Corporate IT and Security to ensure PCI compliance security standards within the business systems' architecture. The role often manages significant projects within the group and handles the most complex challenges within the group. Work frequently requires a high level of problem-solving skills that use substantial experience and expert-level knowledge of the company's system environment and a wide range of technology tools/techniques.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with Network, Security, Development, and QA teams to determine how best to migrate business systems.
• Develop monitoring for business systems to track performance, resource utilization, and consumption using a tool such as CloudWatch and CloudTrail.
• Automate the deployment of environments using a tool such as CloudFormation or Terraform
• Use CICD toolsets to deploy services to existing infrastructure from a single point or repository.
• Build reusable AMI’s for scripted deployments of infrastructure in AWS across multiple regions.
• Develop, design a backup strategy for AWS infrastructure using glacier storage or similar technologies.
• Work with existing DevOps to develop needed log retention for AWS instance business applications for retrieval per audit policy and PCI compliance.
• Work with development and support teams to design improved deployment, provisioning, and integration workflows; ensure environments are in good working order and identify areas and plans for improvement
• B.S. or MS Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience
• At least 8 years demonstrated success in related IT profession, including substantial experience in DevOps
• One or more of the following AWS specific Certifications a plus.
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate
AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
• Technical knowledge and experience across various IT areas, including infrastructure, automation development, and operations.
• Troubleshoot and configure core AWS Platforms such as EC2, S3, Route 53, RDS, etc.
• Administer software-defined networking in AWS, proficient in managing NACL’s and AWS Security Groups.
• Linux core fundamentals and command-line operations.
• Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016.
• Configuration management and automation/deployment solutions tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, SaltStack, Octopus, Cfengine, Jenkins, Git, Docker, Nagios, etc.
• Working knowledge of Web API, Restful Services, and WCF Services.
• Central authentication platforms, such as Active Directory, LDAP, Kerberos/IDM
• Advanced troubleshooting of IP routing, VPN access methods, and DNS
• Excellent communication skills, ability to convey and document network-related dependencies
• Respond to inquiries from colleagues and service providers to provide technical assistance and support network-related functions and availability.
• Participates in after-hours’ support when required.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. Sponsorship is not available.
This role requires the ability to work from home in a virtual environment, where the following is required;
• reliable high-speed internet access (hotspot not acceptable)
• dedicated distraction-free home work environment
CPI Card Group® is a payment technology company and leading provider of credit, debit and prepaid solutions delivered physically, digitally and on-demand. CPI helps our customers foster connections and build their brands through innovative and reliable solutions, including financial payment cards, personalization and fulfillment, and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) instant issuance. CPI has more than 20 years of experience in the payments market and is a trusted partner to financial institutions and payments services providers. Serving customers from locations throughout the United States, CPI has a large network of high security facilities, each of which is certified by one or more of the payment brands: Visa, Mastercard®, American Express and Discover®. Learn more at www.cpicardgroup.com.
Competitive pay rates and an inclusive, empowering and rewarding culture.
Solid benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, FSA, HSA, Vacation, Personal Time Off and Holiday Pay, Tuition Reimbursement and 401K with a competitive company match percentage.
CPI is an EEO Employer. A complete background including drug screen is contingent upon hire.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.