The Xfinity Home Intelligence Platform is being developed by Comcast Cable’s Technology & Product (T&P) organization and consists of advanced technologies that process home automation and security video to provide added value to these products. Advanced video analytics algorithms running both on the camera and in the cloud will enable the delivery of useful notifications and easy to consume digests of video security content. This can include thumbnails or short clips where people are present in the video and could be as advanced as recognition of household members, pets, vehicles, etc. and their behaviors.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and building specific components of the platform. You will work with other engineers and researchers with backgrounds in advanced fields such as computer vision and machine learning (including deep learning). As a key member of the team, you will help define, refine, and test state of the art algorithms, and scale the associated systems for high performance, stability, and availability.
Comcast T&P encourages career development with regular opportunities for training and programs for innovative cross-team projects such as week-long Hackathon and job rotation programs over the summer.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs new software and web applications, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Assists with the software update process for existing applications and roll-outs of software releases.
- Participates in training representatives and operations staff on internally developed software applications.
- Researches, writes and edits documentation and technical requirements, including software designs, evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals and formal recommendations and reports.
- Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior-level Software Development Engineers.
- Works with Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of development experience in Python or Java or Golang or similar
- GCP, AWS, or Azure cloud experience absolutely required
- Strong experience with terraform, including use for provisioning services running in production environments
- Experience with configuration management tooling
- Strong scripting experience
- Experience monitoring production applications
- Experience with the Linux networking stack and TCP tuning a plus
- Experience building and running docker images required
- Experience operating a production service required, including performance analysis, optimization, and caching
- Experience building and managing data pipelines with distributed, highly available services
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an advanced understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Experience with distributed messaging (Kinesis, Kafka)
- Experience with SQL, noSQL databases (Redis / Elastic Search / DynamoDB)
- Knowledge of container orchestration (Nomad/Kubernetes/Mesos)
- Must have strong habits around error handling and monitoring tools
- Experience with continuous integration, test-driven-development, automated unit and integration testing
- Hands-on experience developing RESTful web services
- Experience using GIT versioning tool
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and practices (refactoring, TDD, pair programming)
- UNIX/Linux background: BASH scripting and performance analysis
- Experience with various data interchange and representation formats such as JSON, XML, Avro, and Protobuf
- Advanced understanding of multi-threaded applications and efficient use of compute resources required
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.