Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation [FDIC] mission is to preserve and promote public confidence in the U.S. financial systems by insuring deposits in banks and thrift institutions for up to $250,000; by identifying, monitoring, and addressing risks to the deposit insurance funds; and by limiting the effect on the account and the financial system when a bank or thrift institution fails. GDIT provides the day-to-day operational services to FDIC in support of infrastructure, facilities, hardware, software, and systems. GDIT supports operational security, client support/help desk, data center operations, asset management, and systems engineering service areas. The FDIC team provides support to a plethora of cutting-edge technologies across the IT spectra. It has a state of the art development lab to test new functionality, architectures, and equipment. Employees are tasked with developing and deploying innovative solutions to meet business requirements – not managing day to day, same technology operations.
GDIT seeks a DevSecOps Engineer for the FDIC Infrastructure team in Arlington, VA. This position is responsible for developing and maintaining DevOps processes to enhance infrastructure data center. The DevSecOps engineer will work closely with various development and infrastructure teams to understand and analyze the application components and their build, deployment and dependency requirements, and develop the DevOps solutions using the enterprise standard tools and industry best practices. The engineer will maintain a strong focus on automation, self-service, rapid feedback, continuous improvement and leveraging best practices throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC). Remote work is allowed from the domestic USA.
Level of Clearance Required: U.S. Citizenship and background investigation is required; you must have a current clean financial background to obtain an agency specific Public Trust.
- Research, design and develop automation method to support the platform provisioning, maintenance and operations of large-scale products and services
- Design and develop high-performance and highly available groups of servers for resource-intensive network applications in cloud-based infrastructure
- Work on DevOps processes and tools supporting agile application development teams leading to continuous integration, test, and deploy methods.
- Assist with application integration and troubleshooting in this infrastructure for a complex application environment, including management of dependencies on services, platforms, and other applications within the cloud infrastructure.
- Create DevOps process automation and tooling to implement standards and boundaries in a way that empowers our application development teams to help themselves for their infrastructure and deployment needs.
- Automating the deployment and maintenance of cloud platform technologies between development, qual, and production environments.
- Plan and implement system security configuration, to include access control, host and client access, file permissions, and user accounts
- Collaborate with solution architecture to devise infrastructure solutions most suitable to meet system requirements
- Develop best practices, operational procedures and design documentation
- Plan and coordinate system utilization, and performs growth analysis and capacity planning
- Experience supporting mission critical, 24×7 systems;
This position requires a minimum of ten years experience, of which at least seven years must be specialized. Specialized experience includes: supervision of system architects, use of structured analysis, design methodologies and design tools (such as IDEF1x, entity relationship diagrams, and other design techniques), object oriented principles, and experience with the logical and physical functional, operational, and technical architecture of large and complex information systems.
- 3-5 years DevOps Experience (software, software development methodologies, workflows)
- 3+ years of UNIX and Windows server administration (2016/2019) experience
- Experience with DevOps workflows using tools such as Git, Ansible / Ansible towers, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, & Terraform a plus
- Ability to script automation tools using one or more scripting technology Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Able to deploy, manage and maintain systems in KVM, VMware, AWS and Azure cloud infrastructures
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Analytical thinking (strong problem resolution skills and process development)
A Master’s degree in computer science/systems, information systems/technology, engineering/engineering technology, software engineering/programming, management, natural sciences, social sciences, mathematics or business/finance.
Education and experience requirements may be substituted with:
1. A Ph.D. (in subjects described above) and eight years of general experience of which at least six years must be specialized experience.
2. A Bachelors degree (in subjects described above) and 12 years general experience of which at least nine years must be specialized experience.
Discover more at www.gdit.com/careers
General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Arlington
Additional Work Locations:
USA TX Dallas
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.