A major and established company with a good working culture that is in a growth mode has an opportunity for an Electrical Engineer – Custom Engineering that will be responsible for non-standard electrical designs across a wide array of product models, platforms, and product configurations. This requires engineering analysis and design of various basic to complex electrical vehicle systems or the integration of third-party systems utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design, analysis, calculation, test, and evaluation. The position will require in-depth knowledge and understanding of product structure and how to manage this for new designs. Work is often based on undefined parameters and unclear objectives that must be reconciled. The role will be located in the southern portion of upstate NY.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Partners with Electrical, Hydraulic, Mechanical, and Software counterparts on custom system design and integration.
- Develops new designs or makes adaptations and modifications of existing designs for power circuits, energy storage systems, and microprocessors based on specific customer requests
- Queries historical design and configuration data to provide constancy across multiple customer requests.
- Defines assembly bills of material and component specifications.
- Verifies adherence to functional requirements of custom designs.
- Ensures that system/component designs comply with Company and industrial requirements (UL, CE, etc.).
- Keeps manager informed of progress, changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status.
- Recommends changes in project direction in response to changing business requirements.
- Provides support and assistance to New Product Development and Product Health Engineering teams.
- May have limited direction of others for specific projects or subsets of major programs.
- May work with interdepartmental teams.
- May compile project status and assist in presentations to senior management.
The successful candidate will possess good technical presentation skills (written and oral) and the ability to prioritize assignments, and to plan, organize, and carry out technical activities.
Position requires a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology and have two plus years related experience. Experience with SQL or other query software, eMatrix, JDEdwards, AutoCAD, and VBA is preferred. Experience with product configuration and maintenance of product configurators, as well as previous project management experience, is also preferred. Must be a Permanent Resident or be a U.S. Citizen.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.