Major and established company with a good working culture that is in an expansion mode has an opportunity at their location in the southern portion of upstate NY for a Product Engineer that will provide Electrical Engineering support for various product line models and design configurations. This individual will be involved with engineering and design of various basic to complex vehicle electrical systems and microprocessor control systems, utilizing traditional engineering techniques such as design, analysis, calculation, test, and evaluation. Responsible for troubleshooting, root cause analysis, and problem solving. Provides customer, field service, and supplier interface and support along with support to the factory on engineering-related issues. Responsible for product cost, reliability, warranty, and cost of operation impact of decisions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / REQUIREMENTS:
- Investigates issues, establishes root cause, and makes adaptations/modifications to existing designs.
- Recommends changes in project direction in response to changing business requirements.
- Provides support for new product development teams.
- May have responsibility for small projects or major vehicle sub-systems.
- May lead interdepartmental teams.
- Keeps manager informed of progress, changes, priorities, and project cost/schedule status.
- May present project status to senior management.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to plan, organize, and carry out technical activities. Strong communication skills are also required, to be able to work across a broad spectrum of personnel to resolve technical issues and to be able to present technical material to a diverse audience, both orally and in writing. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment and successfully multi-task.