Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
The following job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of employees assigned to this job.
Shift: Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM-4:00 PM shift. No weekend requirements.
The home base for this position will be at DFR (Dallas Fire Rescue) building, 1551 Baylor Street. The hire will not be traveling to other stations very often, but will primarily be at this one location.
These positions are focused on the quality of care, so primarily chart audits, metric oversight, compliance, quality improvement, etc.
Responsible for coordinating, organizing and facilitating quality assurance, quality improvement activities for assigned BioTel agency/ies. Identifies, collates and summarizes information related to specific quality assurance quality improvement projects for assigned agency/ies, identifies key areas for continuous improvement and effectively prioritizes project workload. Ensures compliance on a department level with operational policies and procedures. Assists in establishing specific indicators for review at the agency level; audits personnel in the field providing feedback to personnel, administrative staff, and the operational program.
• Prefer a bachelor’s degree in paramedic sciences, emergency medical services management,
business or a clinically related field of study from an accredited college or university.
• Three (3) years experience as a 911 system, flight, or critical care transport paramedic; preferred
experience in a BioTel-affiliated agency.
• Prefer: One (1) year of experience in quality/performance improvement or project management
experience in a healthcare setting.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
• Must have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the
education and the experience requirements.
• Must have current certification/license as a Texas Department of State Health Services
• Must have current healthcare provider CPR course completion card from one of the following:
• American Heart Association
• American Red Cross Rescuer
• Military Training Network
Skills or Special Abilities
• Must be able to demonstrate command of performance improvement and project management
methodology as well as process improvement processes and strategies.
• Must have excellent organizational, analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work well independently or within an interdisciplinary team structure.
• Must be able to handle stressful environments and apply de-escalation techniques when needed.
• Must have computer skills that include command of Microsoft Office applications, including Word,
Excel, Outlook, and Access.
• Must be able to create and maintain organized, confidential, and professionally written
investigative files consistent with department processes.
• Must have a high degree of flexibility.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to handle multiple projects
• Must be able to apply professional judgment as needed to prioritize work to achieve a consistent
professional written work product and optimal productivity.
• Must be able to establish effective, respectful and collegial working relationships with all internal
and external customers.
• Must be able to demonstrate excellent professional etiquette, and adherence to the behavioral
standards, dress code, attendance policy and code of conduct at all times.
• Must be able to demonstrate patient-centered/patient-related behaviors.
1. Implements, monitors, evaluates, and reports on details regarding the quality management
program to the Medical Director(s), Parkland BioTel leadership, and BioTel agency leadership.
2. Applies appropriate performance improvement methodology to drive and support performance
improvement activities within the assigned BioTel EMS agency(ies) to ensure an efficient and
effective clinical quality assurance program.
3. Works efficiently independently and within an interdisciplinary team environment.
4. Work with Medical Director(s), Parkland BioTel leadership, and BioTel agency leadership to
establish projects, metrics, standards and dashboards, and to collect, organize, monitor, and
evaluate quality, operational and service line performance data.
5. Facilitates processes and technology tracking improvements in cross-functional team settings in
order to enhance productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction.
6. Contribute to data analysis in determining performance trends in order to proactively recommend
improvements and/or corrective actions.
7. Responsible for recommending performance measures and targets for each project and working
collaboratively with Medical Director(s), Parkland BioTel leadership, and BioTel agency
8. Collects and analyzes data for inclusion in easily digestible reports to key stakeholders across
9. Searches out best performance and quality improvement practices and identifies opportunities for
10. Promotes cross-divisional communication, collaboration, and performance improvement as a
means of achieving cost-effective, high-quality care.
1. Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes
recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the
overall goals of the department and Parkland.
2. Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending
seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional
organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into
current work practices.
3. Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws and guidelines that impact the
area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws,
accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and
guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status. As part of our commitment to our patients and employees’ wellness, Parkland Health is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.