Location: DFW Hangar 5 (Delta Hgr) (DFW-HGR5)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33204
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
- This job is a member of the Engineering Team within the Integrated Operations Division.
- Responsible for Engineering support on various aircraft structure/system/interior/avionics.
- Develops and substantiates repairs and dispositions for discrepancies on transport category aircraft.
- Troubleshoots and resolves operational issues on transport category aircraft.
This job is a member of the Engineering Team within the Integrated Operations Division. This position will be responsible for Engineering support on various aircraft structure/system/interior/avionics. Develops and substantiates repairs and dispositions for discrepancies on transport category aircraft. Troubleshoots and resolves operational issues on transport category aircraft.
Specifically, you’ll do the following:
- Keeps informed of day-to-day airline operations involving field of responsibility
- Assesses daily priorities in accordance with airline/departmental objectives and management directives
- Investigates aircraft/component problems which may cause aircraft delays or cancellations, substantial expenditures in manpower or materials, or interruptions in maintenance operations, and determines appropriate corrective actions
- Provides Engineering support as required for disposition of discrepant conditions affecting aircraft or components in order to restore serviceable status
- Responds to requests from Maintenance and other airline departments when technical assistance is required to support projects or resolve problems
- Develops action plans for fleet/multi-fleet and/or component engineering projects and pursues final dispositions according to assessed priorities
- Coordinates with other airline departments, as required, to provide for effective and efficient implementation of engineering dispositions
- Prepares Engineering documents to implement technical dispositions by providing customized procedures for repairs, modifications, inspections or other maintenance actions which provide benefits in accordance with airline/departmental objectives and management directives
- Maintains knowledge of current and pending regulations, which affect areas of responsibility and ensures that all Engineering actions maintain compliance with applicable regulatory requirements
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related Engineering degree
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 3 years working history as an engineer with airframe/system or related experience
- Knowledge of CFRs, maintenance programs, SM, AMM, IPC, FIM and CMM
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Excellent analytical, technical writing, problem solving, communication, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be self-motivated and disciplined in their work ethics
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 33204
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.