Responsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Documents all development activity. Assists with training non-technical personnel. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Do you love to write code? Are you passionate about software craftsmanship? Would you like to work on projects with tangible impact?
As a software engineer in the NGAN Engineering team you will be part of a team that is building next generation access network which will help deliver the services of the future to our customers. The software applications we are building is a containerized, microservice-based, cloud-deployed services. You will work closely with a cross functional team to design, implement and maintain quality software.
- We value mutually respect, and encourage diversity of opinion.
- We value curiosity and experimentation, and strive for continuous improvement.
- We value team cohesion, and strive to keep individual ego in check.
- We value simplicity in our architecture and code, and strive to be detail oriented.
- We value joy in our work, and strive for work-life harmony.
- We value personal and team ownership, and strive for mutual trust.
- We value judicious refactoring, and question the status quo.
- Write tested, production-ready code
- Write appropriate documentation
- Participate in design and architecture sessions
- Build effective deployment and monitoring systems
- Support production environments
- Perform code reviews
- Participate in software release and deployment activities managed under an agile software development approach
- Collaborate constructively with team members
- Knowledge of networking protocols: HTTP/S, TCP, UDP, multicast, BGP, ISIS
- Experience in any of the following: Redis, RabbitMQ, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes.
- Good current knowledge of Unix/Linux environments
- Experience in code optimization and high performance computing.
- Experience in Test-driven development/test automation, continuous integration, and deployment automation
- Good communicator, able to analyze and clearly articulate complex issues and technologies understandably and engagingly.
- Great design and problem solving skills, with a strong bias for architecting at scale.
- Adaptable, proactive and willing to take ownership.
- Keen attention to detail and high level of commitment.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts, skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays in-depth knowledge of and ability to apply, process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Displays knowledge of and ability to apply, project management skills.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.