This position is in the Comcast Reliability Engineering Voice team , which supports a VoIP environment consisting of Residential Ericson/Huawei IMS, Commercial Broadsoft Broadworks systems soft switches, client software applications, SRP&SBC, Edgemarc ALG/ESG, Adtran IAD, Polycom, Nokia SS7 MGC/MGW ,TDM, 911 Emergency Services, Calea, and customer IP phone systems. The Operations Team is comprised of hardworking, motivated, and technically-skilled specialists who deliver the highest possible quality of network services in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. We are looking for like-minded individuals who want to learn, build and improve their technical skill set in an environment of engineers and technologists. The VOIP network operations team supports transport technology T1-OC level connections, and enterprise level architectures.
OUR TEAMS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING FUNCTIONS:
- Supporting Product engineering teams on Application and network architecture in the arena of IMS, Broadsoft, MGW, and 911 Emergency Services
- Product Development technology and feature introduction in the area of SIP, SRP and SBC NENA I2,I3 product suites
- Production Operations testing of new CPE, applications, services, etc. and support of Test Quality Assurance (labs)
- Interoperability and interconnection testing in the Production environment
- Technical Leadership and training of lower level engineers in triage and trouble-shooting, architecture and standard methodologies
- Operations guidelines and design documentation (QoS, performance, reliability, security, scalability, VOIP, etc.)
- Design Documentation
- Requirements Definition
- Vendor selection and management from an operations perspective
- Isolation and Restoration of Critical systems and issues
The crucial, regularly performed and normally assigned responsibilities to this position are as follows:
- Engineers are responsible for maintenance, Break Fix, and operations of Comcast’s Voice Network supporting Voice products and services. Including but not limited to UCaaS, OTT, Cisco (Broadsoft), Adtran, and Cloud Services, IMS, Ericsson.
- Prioritize critical issues, resources, patches, loads and proactively update patches and drivers.
- Lead routine maintenance activities from identification/detection through fix/closure.
- Work with 3rd party, peering points, vendors on break/fix scenarios.
- Self-Initiative with validated ability to proactively identify and drive issues through closure including diagnostics, routine peripheral fixes, independent action, communication, and engagement of fix agencies.
- Ability to demonstrate applicable tools and troubleshooting skills within Comcast on upgrades and solutions through the Voice Network.
- Ability to continuously learn and apply knowledge.
- Participate directly in testing on an as-needed basis to prepare for system upgrades and perform troubleshooting or other work.
- Actively engaged alongside Engineers with initial new product/service deployments then independently lead future activities.
- Strong written/verbal communications skills – clear, concise, accurate communications during outage conditions articulating impact, steps being taken to restore, updates, etc. Active participant and contributor to conference bridges.
- Network/systems/service environments expertise on how services flow across the environment from an end to end perspective, inter/intra element and service dependencies.
- Execute detailed test plans confirming service states pre and post maintenance.
- Independent functioning as part of a team.
- Mentor, lead, assist, and guide peer team members, NETS, XOC personnel, and local market teams to ensure timely and effective fault detection, outage correlation, ticketing and notifications for all network detected outages.
- Suggest process and operational improvements within the team and across other organizations.
- Analyze chronic network related problems to isolate/settle root cause utilizing the Network Tools and recommend, design and/or implement approved solutions both to vendors and users.
- Lead all aspects of TTS queues to ensure accurate queue assignments, ticket compliance, proper follow through, and issues. As well as creating, authoring, implementing CM/SM tickets and SMOP’s for work to be performed on maintenances.
- Find opportunities and drive vital improvements into the products/platforms to improve and stabilize technology.
- Proficiency in core technologies, services, and relationships with practical application of those.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Engineering, Computer Science
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experiencein a robust service focused Telecom/IT Operations environment/industry.
- CCNA, CCIP, Red Hat, UNIX, Solaris and another applicable certification a plus.
- Resourcefulness to change – flexibility in job duties/hours based on business needs.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 environment across all shifts.
- Support rotational on-call as required.
Ability to understand the ecosystem supporting voice services, effectively and efficiently identify and solve issues impacting service, and implementation of routine fixes, patches or upgrades across all related elements. Familiarity with more than 75% of the following with expertise in more than 30 % of sub-set of areas:
- Strong 3-5years hands on UNIX and Linux System Administration such as RedHat and Sun Solaris.
- Shell, Python, PERL, Ruby, PHP etc. scripting
- Web servers such as Apache, JBoss or BEA WebLogic.
- Voice over IP Network components and traditional telephony principles (i.e. PSTN, DS0 to OC-48 Transport Facilities, 3/1 DACS systems, LERG database, Soft Switch technologies, Wide Area Network, CMTS, Network Routers, HFC Network, CPE devices, SBC/SRP servers, etc.).
- Signaling and Communication protocols (i.e. DOCSIS, NCS/MGCP, COPS, SIGTRAN, SS7, SIP) as well as basic understanding of the OSI model.
- Device and IP provisioning (TFTP, DHCP, DDNS, BACC, etc)
- Operating Systems (i.e. Solaris, Linux, etc).
- Internet protocols and interior/exterior routing protocols (e.g. ARP, IP, TCP, ISIS, BGP, OSPF, IS-IS SNMP & DHCP).
- Various detection and service monitoring tools such as Spectrum, OP5, , SNMP V3SNMP v2, Netscout IRIS, SevOne, OP5
- QoS markings in support of VoIP, and other services.
- Familiar with Network Operations Center Processes and Procedures.
Examples of routine of proactive and reactive repair activity includes:
- Participate in all efforts supporting various departmental requests for fixes and issues related to voice network performance.
- Assist in the Operations Readiness Acceptance of ongoing capacity augmentations, implementing network designs, deploying new systems and software. Work with Product Engineering for LAB ORT and NVT for product changes and upgrades.
- Effectively engage senior leadership and executives during critical service impacts, leading technical & management conference bridges, provide updates verbally and written to leaders at all levels.
- Knowledge of the overall ecosystem with the ability to engage, lead and direct peers and other organizations throughout various processes.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship. To be considered for this role, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship for employment now or in the future.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.