Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking Engineer, Battery Cell Engineering to join our battery team. This position requires a creative and analytical mindset with working or research experience in lithium-ion battery engineering. A successful candidate should be a quick learner and detailed oriented. Candidates with additional skill sets are encouraged to apply. This position will be expected to possess the ability to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop test methods and plans to characterize cell performance in real world EV and/or ESS usage scenario
- Manage cell quality control efforts
- Work with external suppliers to ensure products meet expected performance targets
- Monitor and evaluate new battery cell technologies in the market suitable for EV and/or ESS application
- Work with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure successful integration of battery cell into the vehicle and/or ESS platforms
- Provide guidance and failure mode analysis on battery cell usage in extreme conditions
- A critical and independent mindset
- Able to discover insights based on experiment data
- Good understanding of li-ion battery electrochemistry
- Knowledge of battery operating characteristics at cell and system level
- Able to design test plans to characterize battery performance and safety
- Related academic publications in peer reviewed journals
- Good data analysis background with experience in machine learning or deep learning tools
- Skilled in developing software tools
- Working experience in EV battery industries or similar
- MS degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Materials
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.