Comcast Applied AI Research is an innovative research group within Comcast’s Technology & Product organization with offices in DC, Philadelphia, Denver,Chicagoand Silicon Valleythat engages in groundbreaking research toreinventthecustomer experience for Comcast’s 22+ Million consumers using AI and machine learning!
As aleadresearcherin the Natural Language Processing (NLP) group, you will be part ofa team of researchers and engineers to build the core algorithms powering a voice platform used by millions of people every day. We use advanced Machine Learning (ML) to build a conversational NLP system that understands the user's intent, whether they are looking for the latest movies or trying to access their bill. You will joinour rapidly growing Applied AI research and engineering team that is responsible for the full stack and operationalization of high-profile products and services at Comcast.
What you’ll do:
Apply scientific knowledgeinNLP and ML toanalyze and collect data, perform analyses,createhypotheses,design and implementsolutions,as well asconduct experiments toevaluatethese.
Develop novel approaches to problems suchtext classification, semantic parsingand dialog,applied toreal-worldapplicationsin the entertainment, digital homeand customer servicedomains,impacting millions of Xfinity customers.
Collaborate with other researchers, engineers, product managersacross Comcast to designcustomer-centric solutionsthat consider fairness as well as business value.
Present your work both to internal stakeholders as well as to external audiences, including academic publications.
Be responsible for delivering a research projectfrom end to end, defining the requirements,exploring alternatives,setting timelines, releasing the softwareandfinallydeployingto the end customer.
Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in mattersof significance.
Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to worknights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
YouspecializeinNLP,ML,deep learning, optimization techniques and evaluation methodologies.
You are good atresearching ideas and formulatingcreativesolutions to complexproblems.
You havehands-on experiencecoding machine learning systemswithcommon librarieslikeTensorflowandPyTorch.
You are passionate about developing production-ready high-quality software.
Youare comfortablecommunicatingsophisticated ideasto broad audiences.
You have experience as a tech lead for small cross-functional teams.
Publicationsat topacademicvenues like EMNLP,*ACL, SIGIR, AAAI,NeurIPS, KDD,etc.
PhD in Computer Science, Linguistics or related field.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
– Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for howyou do your job
– Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put ourcustomers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint,and make them promoters of our products and services
– Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of ourgame-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital
tools and experiences
– Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and beingopen to new ideas
– Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working thatbrings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining
huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to dobetter for our customers
– Drive results and growth
– Respect and promote inclusion and diversity
– Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and ourcommunities
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics
-Generally requires 7-11 years related experience.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.