Aerojet Rocketdyne is seeking a Quality Engineer to join our growing facility in Camden, Arkansas.
Under general supervision, conduct review and approval of Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders, design drawings, design specifications and instruction/procedures for Manufacturing, Test and Inspection activities to assure compliance with Quality System requirements. Coordinate review of Supplier related discrepant material, investigate cause of defect/failure and take corrective action, monitor Quality trends and take appropriate preventive action. Prepare reports and analyses, perform special tasks as assigned in support of Quality Program Objectives, and make presentations to Department and Program Management and Customers as required.
30% – Provides Quality Engineering direction including (but not limited to) these areas:
- Requirements flowdown: Ensure program design and process documents for area of responsibility include program quality requirements and that products are inspectable.
- Planning review and approval. Independently reviews manufacturing planning to ensure appropriate design engineering requirements implementation, material traceability maintenance, quality record maintenance and operator and inspector sign-offs. Designates inspection/verification needs.
- Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA). Leads effort to quantify and reduce risk using this quality tool. Is considered the process expert.
- Process mistake proofing/improvement. Actively participates in improvement teams to reduce risk through the application of mistake proofing principles.
- Inspects method development and implementation. Develops, implements and monitors new or existing inspection methods to ensure products meet stated engineering requirements.
- Program and company procedural compliance. Ensures compliance to all quality system requirements through a thorough knowledge of documented requirements.
- Process auditing. Independently conducts process audits to ensure processes are following manufacturing planning, program requirements and enterprise level command media.
- First Article Inspection execution per AS9102 requirements.
30% – Performs documentation reviews in support of hardware acceptance (HAR) activities. Develops and maintains Quality Documentation Control Center QDCC command media. Monitors manufacturing schedules and QDCC activities in support of HAR customer HAR requirements. Creates Acceptance Data Packages – ADP in support of hardware selloff.
15% – Actively participates in the Material Review Board, including segregation and control of nonconforming hardware to preclude inadvertent processing, disposition nonconforming hardware, preparing for and conducting board meetings, and implementing disposition decisions.
15% – Drives corrective and preventive action to ensure continual improvement. Investigates and determines root causes of problems. Develops and implements corrective and preventive actions.
10% – Manages other projects as assigned. Provides imaginative, thorough and practical solutions to a wide range of technical problems through the application of quality engineering disciplines and tools.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline and two (2) years of directly related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship). Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information. Having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to operate in a team environment.
- Computer skills sufficient to generate reports and analyze data using MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Word software.
- Experience with solid rocket component fabrication, electro-mechanical parts assembly and Final Assembly and Check-out and/or Avionics.
- Experience with Hardware Acceptance Review processes.
- ASQ certifications.
- Experience implementing cost-effective, LEAN inspection/verification methods or Key Characteristics (ref AS9103) is desired.
This position may be filled at this level or one level higher.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
To apply for this job please visit topspotjobs.com.