ERP APPLICATION SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
North Canton, OH
$58.3k – $99.1k – commensurate with experience
Stark State College is a public community college in Stark County, Ohio. The college offers 230 majors, options, one-year certificates, and career enhancement certificates.
This position provides user support, system maintenance and administration of the various business solutions across the application portfolio. This position is responsible for supporting a variety of third party and in house interfaces/integrations, reporting applications, and databases which include the Ellucian Banner (ERP), Ellucian Operational Data Store (ODS), Evision applications (Argos, FormFusion and Intellecheck), Banner Document Management System(BDMS) and a wide variety of other third-party applications and databases. This position will provide day-to-day application support as needed including before, after hours and weekends. Apply updates and fixes to various applications which may include, but not limited to web server (Tomcat and Weblogic), database servers (MySQL and Oracle), web applications, hosted applications, identity solutions, and messaging applications (Rabbit and AMQP).Coordinate security for various applications at the application level. Troubleshoot and resolve issues with enterprise applications. Submit and escalate support tickets with various support organizations for an application. Coordinate application monitoring for application, web and database servers.
- Monitor, download, recommend, and apply ERP application upgrades, updates and fixes forvarious applications, first to the test environment and then to production after testing is completed.
- Perform and assist with implementation of applications. Maintains and provides follow-up support and troubleshooting services for existing computer programs and systems with vendor and/or other IT team(s).
- Monitors and applies patches/upgrades to applications to maintain support and security.
- Perform application integration services including programming and system level scripting (OS, API, web services, ETL development and implementation).
- Provide backup and emergency support to ERP personnel and act as a backup DBA for evening, weekend, and holiday support coverage.
- Update Helpdesk tickets, and review periodically to determine trends demanding improvement.
- Work with application administrators and DBAs to support the College's portal and web systems and eLearning systems.
- Develop and maintain documentation relevant to all updates, upgrades, and installations performed.
- Participate in the specification and selection of software system components.
- 2+ years experience as an ERP/System Analyst or System Administrator
- Knowledge of RDBMS; Oracle preferred.
- Knowledge of SQL query language & PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of database security and user access privileges.
- Experience with operating systems such as Windows and Linux and respective Shell and Powershell scripting.
- Experience with Banner ERP a plus.
- Robust problem solving, debugging, troubleshooting, and research skills to formulate solutions as needed.